This fundraiser is to support young artists from Asia and Australia who are participating in the Certificate Programme for Critical Practice in Contemporary Performance - [CP]3. [CP]3 is a new distance-learning programme by Dance Nucleus (Singapore) aimed to help emerging artists articulate and develop their own artistic practices.
[CP]3 has managed to gather 20 young artists for the programme, and many of them come from countries with little to no government support for the arts. This fundraiser aims to help these artists alleviate some of the financial stress of participating in this programme. The funds collected will be distributed fairly among the artists requesting financial support, and will help them to cover a portion of their programme fees. Please note that contributions are non-tax deductible.
When you donate:
- $10 or $50: You are helping an artist to cover a portion of their programme fees.
- $100: You are helping an artist to cover approx. 7% of their programme fees.
- $500: You are helping an artist to cover approx. 30% of their programme fees.
- $1000: You are helping an artist to cover approx. 70% of their programme fees.
- $1500: You are helping an artist to cover 100% of their programme fees.
[CP]3 presents a valuable opportunity for young artists in Asia to engage with established artists and network with colleagues in the region. We seek your generous support for them in helping them to further their development as artists.
The participating artists are:
- Albert Garcia (Macao),
- Alisa Soelaeman (Jakarta),
- Anishaa Tavag (Bangalore),
- Anoushka Kurien (Chennai),
- Chung Nguyen (Ho Chi Minh City),
- Dianling Zhang (Guangzhou),
- Er Gao (Guangzhou),
- Jaclyn Chong (Singapore),
- January Low (Kuala Lumpur),
- Jared Jonathan Luna (Manila),
- Josh Marcy (Jakarta),
- Kornkarn Rungsawang (Bangkok),
- Megan Sin (Singapore),
- Norhaizad Adam (Singapore),
- Pat Toh (Singapore),
- Rhiannon Newton (Sydney),
- Sudhee Liao (Hong Kong),
- Syimah Sabtu (Singapore),
- Valerie Lim (Singapore),
- Wang Ning (Taipei).
To find out more about [CP]3: http://www.dancenucleus.com/cp3.html