US$156.00Donated So Far
Dear Do It With Boldness Foundation Supporters,
As the country deals with the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a shocking increase in the number of sexual offences cases-(GBV) over the past few months in the country . These offences constitute more than 35.8% of the criminal matters reported .During this COVID-19 pandemic, where movement is restricted, people are confined, and protection systems have weakened, women and girls are at greater risk of experiencing gender-based violence, and are at the threat for harmful practices including female genital mutilation and child, early, and forced marriages.
As Do it With Boldness Foundation we are concerned about women who are majorly at risk within Kajiji,Mudhenya and Ngomongo slums within Nairobi.At such hard times we know that the economic situations of many people in Kenya do not allow them to stock up food and stay confined. Too many People struggle with access to soap and clean water and women are faced with hard decision to choose between the basic needs with the little they have or to purchase sanitary towels.Most women and girls are faced with hard decisions to accept "sex for food" or "sex for pad" as a way to survive.
Our Call to Action
- Create social media awareness campaign on how victims of Gender Based violence could report cases and receive the necessary assistance as well as offer psychological support through our LIVE CHAT platform on the website.
- Educate the girls and women with the slums on their Sexual Reproductive Rights as well as Menstrual Hygiene as away to reduce sexual exploitation among them.
- To distribute basic foodstuff to the most vulnerable women within the slums to protect them against "sex for food' way of survival.
- To distribute sanitary towels to both the vulnerable girls and women within the slums in-order to protect them against "sex for pad" or some girls having to dig holes during for use during their menses.
- To educate on COVID19 measures as well as provide masks to the most vulnerable within the slums in order to flatten the COVID19 curve.
All levels of support are welcome and that includes both monetary and monetary such as sanitary towels, masks, food-stuff will help create a smile in someone's face.
To protect the girls and women ,we need YOU.With only $1 , you increase sanitary pads accessibility and in return help save one girl from "sex for pad" hence protecting her dignity.
Do It With Boldness Foundation
Call Us on +254723727478 or email us at [email protected].
- Megan Andrew
No updates for this campaign just yet
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'Sexual Reproductive Health Education within slums during COVID-19'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'Sexual Reproductive Health Education within slums during COVID-19'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign