ICharity fundraising fun paddle.
- On Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th November 2019, teams of six people will paddle our Hawaiian Outrigger from the Paphos Nautical Club out to the Paphos Castle, round to the Moulias Islands & back to PNC. This will be a charity fundraising fun paddle in aid of the Paphos based Cancer Patients Support Group (CPSG) and ‘Breast of Friends’ a Breast Cancer support service.
- We are asking friends, colleagues and associates of or intrepid paddlers to donate €5 each to our nominated charities. Feel free to donate more if you wish. The target is 5000 Euros!
- The Paphos based crews are all novice paddlers. Tim Smith and his wife Sonia are experienced Outrigger Canoe paddlers and will steer the crews.
- Crews will complete some orientation training and get done basic coaching on technique and working as a crew from Tim in October.
- Depending on how the crews get on we will decide how far each crews challenge will be. Most likely they will do a 10-12 km circuit. This will be enough for a novice crew on the sea.
- Timing, Technique, Teamwork and Power Transmission (T4) are the keys to effective paddling. We will aim to instil these basics into our bunch of adventurers. They will certainly be stepping outside theior comfort zones but we will deliver them safe and sound with a unique experience in the only OC6 Hawaiian Outrigger in Cyprus.
- This is the sister event to the Paphos Running Club / Sole Sisters Breast Cancer Charity fun run in October. Two crews from the Sole Sisters are taking part.