£190.00raised of £20,000.00 goal goal
Power to our Mothers Foundation Africa Village: a progressive maternal-driven Ghanaian village to transform the nation of Ghana!
Power to our Mothers Foundation Africa has a mission to empower Mothers and Mother-figures, which is all women, on multiple levels.
Women represent the majority of the global population. Yet, in some shape or form, and whether in developed nations or developing nations, women are discriminated against and seeking gender equity.
The more women are suppressed and treated unfairly, the less productive they are, the weaker the economy is and the greater the burden on men to improve the economy.
One of the Foundation's major projects which seeks to empower Mothers and Mother-figures physically, economically and mentally, is to build a village which visually reflects how Mothers, their families and the physical land can thrive when the right conditions exist. This will also show the automatic benefit to and positive impact on surrounding areas, communities and ultimately, the whole nation of Ghana.
The VISION for the first Power to our Mothers Foundation Africa Village, located in the Greater Accra Region, is that:
1. Mothers and their families who are on or below the poverty line, are housed securely, so they have peace of mind, enabling them to focus on identifying and utilising their skills and strengths to become self-sufficient;
2. We cultivate organic food, crops and animals, and the residents eat what we cultivate. This will contribute to better health and reduce the ever-increasing burden on doctors' surgeries, hospitals and pharmacies;
3. Women and children who are suffering or have suffered from physical, sexual or other forms of abuse and who need refuge and assistance, are accommodated and rehabilitated so that they can live comfortably and unearth their competencies and talents to contribute to pushing the frontiers of Ghana and Africa’s development. This will reduce the burden on departments like The Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit in Ghana, which often lacks the required resources to deal with the growing number of reported cases of domestic violence;
4. A training facility provides Mothers with opportunities to learn various skills to either become successful entrepreneurs or obtain gainful employment, again, assisting them to become self-sufficient and enabling them to provide a better future for themselves and their children;
5. Mothers manufacture sanitary products to be sold at a lower price than those currently on the market. This will prevent or reduce the number of:
- women and girls who have or abort unwanted pregnancies as a result of having intercourse in order to be able to afford these products; and
- girls who miss days at school because they cannot afford the sanitary products which will enable them to attend school with dignity.
Any proceeds from the sale of those products goes back to the Foundation to help empower more Mothers. They would also produce industrial goods, such as soaps and clothing, that would be traded in Ghana, Africa and the rest of the world. We will leverage the African Continental Free Trade Zone to boost the industrialisation aspirations of Ghana and Africa;
6. A holistic wellness centre which treats ailments as naturally as possible using various means including nutrition, herbal remedies and Ayurvedic massage, reducing any unnecessary dependence on chemical drugs where possible;
7. Ghanaians and Africans in the Diaspora are welcomed and housed to live and integrate with the native population as if they were one and the same, so they can (re)learn their culture and heritage whilst helping to support Mothers, their families and the economy. This will reduce the number of Diasporans who have unfortunately lost money through investments or been defrauded whilst seeking to acquire land or property in Ghana;
8. Coaching, counselling and mentorship are provided to help empower Mothers and children, on a mental and emotional level, to become more confident and purpose-driven people; and
9. Mother Nature is embraced and preserved as much as possible through the use of natural, eco-friendly sources of power and by keeping our first Mother, Mother Earth, as clean and organic as possible.
Please support the campaign realise this vision as soon as possible so we can empower many Mothers, many women, out of poverty and uplift the whole nation.
"Educate a man, you educate an individual.
Educate a woman, you educate a nation." (Ghanaian Proverb)
What part will you play?
Celebrity Clean-Up ExerciseUpdate posted by Angela Asante-Armar at 10:01 pm
On Saturday 10 October, Power to our Mothers Foundation Africa, celebrities and their fans will take part in a celebrity cleanup exercise in the local community of Tema, Ghana, to play its role in keeping the environment, Mother Earth, clean. We don't have to build a village to do that;
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'Build a progressive maternal-driven village to transform a nation!'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'Build a progressive maternal-driven village to transform a nation!'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign