Please support the BizKasi App Campaign to raise R60k.
BizKasi App is an App published on Google Play Store. It's for advertising businesses in the townships of SA for only R120.00 per year.
This project will assist greatly in stimulating the township economy and hence creating jobs. Since I published the App on 18 Nov 2016:
- 94 businesses have been listed on the Ap
- Employed about 31 Field Agents on a commission only basis across the country.
- The App is also monetized
My name is Mduduzi Leonard Mataboge (39), the founder of BizKasi App (Pty) Ltd with registration no. 2016/521370/07
I currently reside in Rockville, Vosloorus, Gauteng, RSA
I lost my job last year in May so while I was waiting for my date at the Bargaining Council and realising that it was taking longer that I had anticipated, I started a business because I suddenly had no income to feed my family (Wife and three kids) as I am the sole breadwinner.
I started the business with the help of Awethu Project as I'm currently being incubated by them (011 024 1606)
I have always been passionate about small businesses, entrepreneurship, Apps, etc. so on 18 Nov 2016 I launched my own Mobile App on the Google Play Store called BizKasi App. I started the business with the scarcest of resources and borrowing from friends and family to buy data, etc.
Biz = Business, Kasi = Township.
Consumers who have downloaded the App can find products and services around them using the "Search" page.
BizKasi App can work anywhere in the world but is limited to South Africa for now.
Consumers can search for any business by type and can then, from the App:
- Call the business
- Send an e-mail
- Get directions
- Access their Facebook, Page, Instagram Account, Website, etc.
It is a business listing platform like no other in SA. The uniqueness of the App is in it's offering. Over and above listing businesses in the townships of SA so that people living in those townships can access products and services around them, the App also offers the following:
1. Search - Click to find businesses listed on the App
2. About BizKasi - Read about what BizKasi App is all about
3. Register Biz - To get your business listed on the App
4. Biz Articles - Random business & entrepreneur articles
5. Biz Events - Upcoming business expos, conferences, exhibitions, etc. in SA
6. Showroom - Pics of the last 12 businesses to be listed on the App
7. Jobs - To apply to be a BizKasi App Field Agent
8. FAQ’s - Frequently Asked Questions
9. Contact Us - Our contact details
Since 18 November 2016 to date, the following has been achieved:
- The App has 160 (and counting) downloads so far
- BizKasi App Facebook Page has 191 (and counting) followers
- I have recently listed a business in Florida USA just to test the App's reach
- I have registered 2 businesses on CIPC as part of the value-add in our product offering.
- The App is also linked to an html5 website (not PC friendly) for those who can't download the App to be able to use it also.
- I have listed more than 90 businesses in the App, mostly from Vosloorus where I live but also in Daveyton, Tembisa, Soweto, Katlehong.
- I have recently recruited about 30 Field Agents from across the country on a commission only basis (R50.00 per business registered) and recruitment is on-going.
My vision for the App:
- To see all township businesses (big or small) listed on the App
- For "everyone" living in a township (or not) to have the App on their phone and using it daily.
I need about R60k to do the following:
1. Get a lifetime package from my software provider, Appy Pie.
2. Publish the App on the Apple App Store & Windows App Store
3. Advertise via print media
4. Advertise on local radio stations
5. Run paid advertising campaigns on Facebook
6. Rent office space
7. Buy more storage space and bandwidth from Appy Pie
8. Operational expenses
(R40 000) : Will be used for items 1, 2, 3 and 4 as per above
(R20 000) : Will be used for items 5, 6, 7 and 8 as per above