I'm a student that wants to volonteer in Africa - Cape town and Madagascar.
Projects that I want to attend:
1) Marine conservation (Madagascar) - reef surveying, turtle monitoring, beach cleans, environmental education, reef regeneration
2) Biosphere conservation (Cape Town) - environmental awareness, indigenous species monitoring, invasive species control, paleontological work, bird monitoring
The reason I want to attend this projects are:
1) I study Environmental science and I want to LEARN as much as I can while I'm still in college.
2) I want to know how to save species and how can I help the world in the future when I finish my college.
3) I want to educate the locals about environmental issues that our world is facing
4) I want to learn new things from a different culture
5) I need some practical knowledge so I can find a job after I graduate (hiring rate in my field is really low in my country)
6) I want to help Africa with my knowledge and that's biology and environment knowledge.
7) I want to save species, every work in that field is important for the nature and environment
Also, I will donate 20% of the money to some African charity for children. If you have an idea to which one, let me know!!