My story is very simple ... nothing dramatic. Definitely not a tear-jerker :)
For the last 10 years, I've been an actress and writer. I graduated with a Masters in Theater Arts at the age of 35, and I thought : "That's it ! Life is grand and I'm on my way to super-stardom"
I was Wrong! Instead of moving closer to my craft, I began to back away from it and the business. I remember being in Korea and asking myself, "What's going to make me happy ?" I felt intense pain, because the career that I spent most of my life in was not turning out the way I was hoping it would. And I was searching ... and seeking ...
I remember the day I was invited to an all women's healing circle, and it was transformative - so much so that I invited a new calling into my life. HEALER. I never felt so sure about a mission outside of acting. In that moment I knew that I wanted to walk on this path and eventually open up a Wellness Center.
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment.
- Depression is a disorder that affects 1 in 10 Americans - heavily concentrated in lower-income / marginalised communities
- According to the Happiness Index Report, the USA is not even within the top 20 countries - (The happiest countries in the world are Nordic countries) with Canada, Australia and New Zealand following close behind
- The number of patients diagnosed with depression increases by approximately 20% per year
- According to statistics, Mindfulness - Meditation helps to treat depression, panic disorder and anxiety
- Reflexology, Reiki and Acupuncture are all excellent ways to balance your chakras and clear out any energy blockages. Energy blockages often lead to depression, panic attacks and anxiety.
- There is an increasing acceptance and much more visibility of alternative medicine and complementary forms of healing.
Throughout society, people are searching for alternative forms of healing. They're searching for soulful answers. In all actuality, people forget that they CAN heal themselves. They just have to re-connect to source; to their core - to love. People are turning to Breathwork, yoga, meditation, energy healing, acupuncture, shamanic healing etc. We are ALL searching to heal the deepest part of ourselves, and I would like to be a facilitator and assist people on this journey!
Like I said, my story is simple ... nothing dramatic. Definitely not a tear-jerker :)
I decided to switch gears at the age of 38 to become a Healer and Wellness Practitioner. I would like to bring my abilities and skills to disenfranchised communities by reminding them of their immense beauty and strength and innate healing powers. But I need your help ... I need financial assistance to help me begin my training as an Energy Healer, Life Coach and Meditation teacher. Every little bit counts. Every donation is meaningful and impactful. I am asking for $7,000 to help me become certified as an Energy Healer, Life Coach and Meditation Teacher. In exchange, I will help you on your path towards healing with a free service. After I get certified, I will gladly perform Reiki on you, assist you with meditation and/or provide you with Life Coaching. We can discuss this further via email or on the phone ...
And to build trust, I don't expect you to just blindly give me a check. You can actually give it directly to the school. If you tell me how much you would like to donate, I will contact the school and you can either send it to them via check or credit card. If you choose to send it to me directly ... I'll also gladly accept it :)
Please see the schools that I hope will support me on this journey:
Thank you in advance for EVERY penny, nickel, dime, dollar and most of all your positive thoughts and supportive energy. I WILL make a difference ! Peace