You are contributing to finance the development of a new theatrical (live stage) adaptation of Leonard Cohen's 1966 novel Beautiful Losers.
In 2000, my collaborators and I adapted and performed the first stage adaptation of Beautiful Losers sanctioned by the author. I am now seeking seed money to begin a new production with a new concept.
As the new version is infinitely more complex than the original and Cohen has recently achieved a new level of prestige, I anticipate a more involved and costly process for securing the necessary permissions for the project to move forward and be realized.
Your donation will be used for:
1. Retaining intellectual property specialist attorney Peter Irvine to represent me in the pursuit of a license agreement. Peter will negotiate and execute the agreement in concert with Cohen's attorneys Michelle Rice and Robert Kory.
2. Honoraria for Lithuanian production scenographer Goda Palekaite who is creating drawings, models, and other visuals for the high quality treatment we will be sending to Cohen's team as a key component of our introductory first contact.
3. Covering costs related to producing, reproducing, and sending the aforementioned treatment to Cohen.
4. An advance payment we anticipate Cohen to request as part of the agreement.
5. Other related expenditures that will lead us from having a "project-in-development" to having a "project-in-pre-production." For example hiring a Kickstarter consultant and producing a promotional video for a major fundraising campaign once we have secured the rights.