Miami is one of the most lucrative cities in the illegal sex trade. In a recent article published by The Miami Herald, it's estimated that the illicit sex market produces $235 million in our city alone - coming in far ahead of both the drug market ($96 million), and the gun market ($106 million). Also in the Miami Herald on January 28th of this year, human trafficking inestigator Emiliano Tamayo states, "We need more places to help these girls heal". It's a sentiment he formed after seaching for a bed for a rescued 18 year old woman after she'd been drugged by her pimp. He found one eventualy, but had to drive 30 minutes to Homestead to get her there. The need for safe shelter for women between the ages of 18-24 is undeniable.
The Glory House of Miami is a Christ-centered nonprofit organization established in 2012. Consisting mainly of volunteers, we're working together to build a home for survivors of sex trafficking where they will receive shelter, healing, and hope.
The Glory House of Miami currently mentors two survivors, but our vision is to provide long term housing and services for 8 survivors (between the ages of 18 and 24 years), We've set an ambitious fundraising goal of $250K to bring this dream to fruition.
Services we aim to provide for survivors:
- long term shelter and restoration to productive, quality lives
- a peaceful environment conducive to healing and total restoration of spirit, soul, and body
- assistance with appropriate education and training to become economically self-sufficient
- access to community resources
- medical assistance
- mentorship and prayer.
What we need:
The money we receive here on this site will be appropriated towards the aquisition of a physical house for our survivors (8 young women, and one house mother). Every little bit counts, so no donation is ever too small, and every donation is immensely appreaciated. (GoGetFunding facilitates donations as small as $1!)
- Perhaps you would consider sacrificing your cup of coffee today (about $3), or foregoing a trip to the movies this weekend (around $15), or skipping breakfast or lunch (between $5- $10) and instead invest that cash in aiding women out of this lifestyle.
The Glory House of Miami is run almost entirely by volunteers. All skills can be put to good use. If you feel you have something to offer, please contact us!
Please see our website or contact us at thegloryhouseofmiamiinc.gmail.com for more information if you are interested in helping to set these women free.
- Word of Mouth:
One of the best ways to help The Glory House of Miami grow and flourish is to spread recognition by word of mouth. The more people know about us, the more hands there will be to help our vision become a reality.Need suggestions? Here are just a few:
- "Like" us on Facebook
- Send an informative group email to your friends and ask them to do the same.- Tweet about us-Follow us on Instagram @gloryhouseofmiami
PrayerOur goal is to be covered in prayer every work day of the week and The Glory House is looking for volunteers for intercessory prayer.
(Learn more about how this can happen to girls we know in this video.)