- To teach, guide, advise, encourage, motivate and instil biblical principles to the youth of our world, especially the ex-convicts through our programmes.
- To have all the programmes offer in three provinces by year 2020 (2020 Vision).
- Uvuko Foundation is a Christian based organisation operating in Northern Eastern Cape (Umzimvubu & Alfred Nzo District Municipality) that contributes meaningfully towards upliftment by assisting and empowering youth especially ex-convicts through development and training.
- Develop easy to understand curricula for those in prison and ex-convicts, to uplift their spirit through God’s interference.
1. To provide a safety net for the needy and the vulnerable, including children and youth; the unemployed; the aged and the infirm; and persons in any other circumstances requiring such relief interventions as we may be in a position to offer.
2. To establish a development programme that will offer hard and soft skills training and empowerment courses with a view to promoting self reliance; improving chances for employment; and contributing to the growth and sustainable development of groups and communities.
3. To provide support services to community-based structures and/or organisations in need of assistance e.g. with the management of government-funded programmes and development projects.
4. To establish a sound and broad funding base for the organisations operation.
UVUKO FOUNDATION CORE AREAS OF OPERATION
(Programmes written in blue are not yet offered and are a reason for sourcing out funding).
- Training & Development
- Social Services/Youth Empowerment
Basic Entrepreneurial Skills
Basic Business Management Skills
Life after Prison
Ms Office Computing
Godly Living & Integrity
We offer a certificate of attendance upon completion. NQF3 certificate will be awarded once we are stable financially.
Conduct Workshops, seminars and work in collaboration with other NPOs.
Assist with business registration, Business planning collaborating with SEDA, NYDA and other relevant institutions.
Assist with applying for scholarships, NSFAS, Municipalities & other institutions.
To offer support programmes for rural students in grade 10, 11, 12, in order to improve their studies and to empower them in various life skills, including technology and if available driving lessons making them more marketable. Youth summits and camps are held yearly if funding available.