The Future is Expensive
I have created this page in the hopes that I can raise some money to help soften the fees that come along with college application. Since I was a little girl, I have had high aspirations, a pattern that has continued to this very day. Now, here I am at senior year faced with a hefty bill resulting from application fees, sending scores, and taking tests. If you could help fund me by submitting a dollar or a few, it would be much appreciated. In the next few points I will tell you what any money raised through this service will go to.
- College application fees. These are around $70 each.
- Sending my scores from SAT, ACT, and AP. Each test has its own cost to send their scores.
- Taking this year's tests. This year I will have 6 AP tests, each costing about $50. I will need to take SAT subject tests for math and science. I would also like to take my ACT and retake my SAT.
- Possibly if enough is raised, actual college costs (Tuition, etc.)
As a student and a leader I have high goals for myself, so an investment in me, however large or small, will help a hopeful and eager leader to achieve their goals. I feel that I have worked myself to the bone to make myself an outstanding student, and it would be really great to take that beyond what I currently can by allowing me to apply to high ranking schools that have higher application fees and require more testing (the additional SAT subject tests I mentioned). Here are some examples of my hard work and leadership potential.
- Ranked in the top 1% of my class with a rank of 3rd (which i hope to improve!) and a weighted GPA of 5.163
- President of the Student Council, an organization I've been learning from and contributing to since sophmore year.
- Treasurer of Sharing the Love's youth ambassadors, a charity/service organization based around DFW in Forney.
- President of my school's senior class. This is separate from Student Council in that this role is more of a social/representative title which had to be won, while in Student Council it was more so earned and is based on contribution.
- Treasurer of my school's chapter of the National Honor Society.
- Co-founder and first President and of my school's Computer Club.
Thank you for reading and a happy year to you all!