US$1,401.00raised of $4,025.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Lady Cherie did not respond well to the antibiotics and now needs her leg amputated to keep the Infection from going into her bloodstream.
Lady Cherie has had a "nub" for a foot on her left front leg for the 5 years we have known her. No one knows what happened.
Over the years we have been told there was no sense in putting Lady thru tests or surgery for it because it wasn't bothering her.
Last Sunday 8/11, we were on video chat with a friend and Lady started to chew on her nub. By the next day she was crying and very uncomfortable. We had previously set an appointment the week before to have her seen on Tuesday, so Mama Rene wrapped Lady's nub Monday to help her be more comfortable and not bother it.
On Tuesday our vet removed the wrap and found that Lady's nub had abscessed and was very painful and draining. We asked for xrays which our vet agreed too.
The x-rays answered a question many have had for a very long time. Why does Lady have a nub?
Unfortunately this was not a birth defect. Someone or something crushed and ripped Lady's foot off. She did not receive any medical care when this happened, leading her injury to heal as a nub.
The x-rays showed us that inside her nub is jagged, squished bones. Presumably very painful for our girl.
The orthopedic surgeon wants to save Lady's leg. Due too her arthritis and bad back legs, it's so much better for Lady to have a chance to walk with 4 legs than 3. The surgeon wants to remove the crushed, jagged bones and then close up her nub so she won't lose it or her leg, she will just lose the bones making her so painful.
Lady has an extensive medical history. Due to this, she needs some tests done before the surgery to be sure she is in the best shape for it.
She needs x-rays of her heart and lungs. This is because Lady has had a small heart blockage since her heartworms 5yrs ago, they want to be sure it's not worse. She also has scarring on her lungs from the heartworms but also, she had a bad case of aspiration pneumonia in February of this year, they want to be sure her lungs are in good shape for the anesthesia.
She needs bloodwork. This is because Lady has pancreatic and liver issues. She was also very anemic last month but no one actually told us till yesterday. He wants to be sure that has fixed itself.
She needs an ultrasound to check her pancreas. Sometimes an ultrasound will catch something that bloodwork doesn't.
They would like her to have an echocardiogram to check how well her heart functions.
They would like her also to have her blood pressure checked, to be sure it's not too high or low.
Lady did have some BP and heart issues back in February with her pancreatitis/pneumonia. They fixed themselves quickly but to know before surgery how things are is good, in case there is a problem after surgery, the doctors can compare it too.
In order to work with us because we cannot afford this on our own, the doctors are saying what we have to have is the x-rays and bloodwork. The other tests would be really great to have, but they can do without it of they have no choice.
We are aiming to get it all done. We don't want there to be any problems at all, but if there are, we don't want the Drs to say "we don't know if this is how her lungs usually look or if we should start meds" etc.
The cost of the preliminary testing is $1,335.50
As far as surgery goes, the surgeon said she needs to have it within the next 2 weeks, tops. Which means all preliminary testing done immediately.
The cost for Lady's surgery is $2,620 unless the surgeon decides not to do the histopathology, then it will be $2,328.57.
Thank you so much to anyone who is able to donate. Anyone who can, no matter how small is extremely appreciated. ❤️
It's hard to imagine anyone can do this to any animal. No one deserves that.
- Ty Frank
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet