UPDATES: 5/15/19 & 6/4/19
FOR: CURRENT EMERGENCIES & GENERAL LIVING EXPENSES & PERPETUAL FUTURE NEEDS (10 YEARS, MAX)
My story is not as heartbreaking or as tragic as most that one reads online, but mine is just as desperate. My back is against the wall & I have no choice but to beg strangers for money to help me to make ends meet not only RIGHT NOW FOR EMERGENCY REASONS BUT ALSO FOR THE REMAINDER OF MY SHORT LIFE. It is very humiliating & embarrassing to beg, believe me, but Im disabled, on a tiny, insufficient fixed income & I no longer have friends, family or a support system to turn to for help.
My 65-yr story is a very long & painful one, so I have left out many details due to even more excessive length. What I've shared is "not even the half of it." I've listed some of the current urgent financial needs & also future perpetual & life-long financial needs. Due to illness-caused poverty I will continue to have a severe financial deficit until my death in 5-10 years, maybe 20, tops, unless Congress miraculously rectifies this problem.
BACKGROUND: In 1997, at only age 43, I was diagnosed with 3 debilitating, untreatable, slow-terminal auto-immune diseases, each causing intractable PAIN. I have been very ill since that fateful year. The disease that cut me at my knees & disabled me is End Stage, Systemic, Grade IV, Refractory Interstitial Cystitis (IC). Soon after I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & Sjögrens Disease. As of 2019, the Fibro & OsteoArthritis (new - 2017) are what now debilitate me. I also now have a total of 35 diagnoses & ... 13 drs! In 1999, due to IC, I was placed on a Palliative Care Regimen to keep me as comfortable as possible. In 1998, I could've continued to work PART-TIME, but my employer couldn't get rid of me fast enough. The ADA law had just been passed & it was just too new to make it work in my favor. So, I was then forced to apply for permanent, life-long SSD - Social Security Disability. In 1999 I was deemed a "useless vegetable" by the SSA & declared totally/permanently disabled. I began receiving benefits in 1999 but SSD does not pay a living wage & as of 2019 I'm expected to make ends meet on only $1,256 a month. (It was only about $700 in 1999!) Obviously, it is impossible for anyone to be independent & self-sufficient on this amount of income.
The only place Ive ever known as home is the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, California, USA. It is a beautiful 17-city area located next to or near the Pacific Ocean. In fact,8-9 of it's cities, are considered beach cities. Temps are pleasant & mild,ranging from 72-81° year round. Clean air, choices, options, diversity, malls, things to do, places to go, hustle-bustle, ppl everywhere, joy, happiness ... SIGNS OF LIFE! I truly believed I lived in heaven. Im an urban girl, a city-girl, a beach girl to my CORE & will be so until I die.
Well, that all ended when I was basically kidnapped against my will on 12/22/2002, taken away from the So Bay area of LA County & suddenly & literally dumped on my elderly & now deceased parent's doorstep in the North County of San Luís Obispo County, 300+ miles "up" north & very far from any beach.* The catalyst for this was the disease-induced poverty caused by my tiny, inadequate SSD income. I soon came to realize I was now living in hell & this involuntary relocation only hastened my demise. My life & any future I could've had really ended then because in this rural county there are no choices or options regarding anything &, worst of all, there is not only a dr shortage, the overall healthcare in general is piss-poor. This place is a nightmare. (*There is much more to this kidnapping nightmare... too long to go into here.)
SLO COUNTY HELL: This wretched county is literally split in two, North & South, & the 2 dont mix if they dont have to. This makes taking care of business extremely difficult. The No County is 80% rural & sparsely populated, the So County a bit more urbanized, but nothing like LA. Anything that's anything is irritatingly located ONLY in SLO city, which is, of course, in the So County & about 25-40 miles from the towns/cities in the No County. The Summer temps in the No County where Im forced to reside are EXTREME, & due to having Fibro, I am unable to safely tolerate these extremes. The summers are sheer hell "up" here from July 1st right up to Thanksgiving day, ranging from 95°-115°. After that dayy, it suddenly goes straight into winter with temps often as low as 29° at night. No thank you!!
Now that I'm forced to "live" in an absolute hillbilly hell hole, it has strongly contributed to my rapid demise. Year after year, since Jan 2003, my life has continued to go drastically downhill.
In March, 2013, at age 59, I had a real huge - & very cruel - dose of false hope. I began living with my then fiancé & the future seemed bright ... for awhile. Well, THERE ARE OH-SO-MANY REASONS WHY HE'S NOW MY EX-FIANCÉ! He's a skilled chameleon & can easily turn himself into whatever someone wishes or envisions him to be. He also turned out to be a raging alcoholic who could hide it very well AND ... he was an abuser. By 2014, our "relationship " quickly soured & we began living separate lives. My Ex began living in the living room & I began living in the bedroom. He bought his food, I bought mine, etc. He did his thing, I did mine. Delightful. The entire apt contained ONLY MY FURNITURE. He slept on my couch - his choice - which he has totally demolished. Due to politeness, I cant describe what he did to that once NICE & ELEGANT couch or it's matching chair. That's why I just left it behind when I was finally able to leave.
Why couldnt I leave when things went sideways? No money due to below poverty income. After my Ex tried to kill me by trying to choke me to death on 9/30/2015 ... I had no where to go due to both the **lack of a living wage income** & the **lack of housing for the poor, the disabled & seniors** - or all 3 combined - in SLO County. I quickly put my name on the waiting lists of every low-income/senior/disabled apt complex available ... each had[ a waiting list of 3-5 years. So, I was forced to continue living with my Ex - my abuser - for almost 3 more miserable years! I was finally able to escape & move out of my abusive Ex's apt in Oct of 2017 & into my own apt! I hadnt had my own place since 2012. Slight problem: my apt complex is right next door to his!
That move that was supposed to be my release & my freedom. I was to finally smile & laugh again, BE FREE TO BE ME & try & recoup lost time.
It's turned out to be anything but that!
That move has unexpectedly caused me nothing but misery & unhappiness due to TOTAL FINANCIAL DEVASTATION. I've been on my own since age 14 & I've never struggled so hard in my life as I have since 2018 just to put food on the table & try & pay what bills I can. I basically just rob Paul to pay Peter every month & even then, not all bills get paid every month. I HATE existing like this!
This kind of chronic, prolonged stress with NO END IN SIGHT is exhausting, depressing & detrimental to my already precarious health & this hell has rapidly aged me & has exacerbated all of my diseases.
As if inadequate income isnt bad enough, my already poor health took a sudden & drastic turn for the worse due inadequate healthcare in SLO County! This began in2017 while still living with my Ex & was caused by my now former dr who deliberately denied me the vital meds I need to keep "vertical." As a result, from Feb to June, 2017, I was in a literal semi-comatose state, totally bedridden & homebound. In June, I began to slowly recover. When started back on one of my life-saving meds on 7/27/17, I began a steadybut very slow recovery. (BTW, in 2017, while still living with my Ex - he did NOTHING to help me. Nothing!)
Unfortunately, when I was about 70% recovered ... I was "hit" again in 2018 due to my then current dr denying me the very same life-saving meds! So, once again, I found myself in a literal semi-comatose state from Jan to August 2018. I was also once again totally bedridden & homebound.
These 2 miserable incidents were DR-INDUCED & totally inexcusable, avoidable & definitely unnecessary. But that's the kind of piss-poor "healthcare" one gets in SLO County. I NEVER HAVE recovered from the violent 2018 episode, & as a result of both back-to-back episodes, I now have permanent neurological, ophthalmic & orthopedic damage.
By now, it's clear I will NEVER recover & even though Ive been on only 1 of my life-saving meds since May, 2018, Ive made minimal progress. In 2017, I lost 1/4 of my hair, during that hell, but my "tricks" helped me regrow abour 75% of it. In 2018, I lost 2/3 of my hair & NONE of my "tricks" worked this time. It's painfully obvious my hair will NOT be growing back.
As a woman, being almost bald is devastating.
Due to those events in 2018, to my surprise, dismay & aggravation, I've been bedridden almost EVERY day in 2019 - mainly due to severe Fibro! To break it down, Im bedridden about 6 days per week. This is not only very frustrating - it's VERY depressing. I cant get anything done & I have a LOT to do & ... I HAVE NOT EVEN FINISHED UNPACKING! (Remember, I moved in Oct 2017!!) The only days I am "vertical" are usually by "force" ... when I *have to* do my monthly grocery shopping & when I *have to* go to one of my zillion dr appts.
TV is my only contact with the outside world & my only source of entertainment. I use my dying smart phone to get on the net now & then. (Laptop has been broken for 5 yrs. No money to get it repaired.)
• IMMEDIATE FINANCIAL NEEDS:
APRIL & FOR THE REST OF 2019: THINGS ARE AT CRITICAL MASS/GROUND ZERO .... I really needed immediate help for April & May 2019 - which NEVER came.
I needed help to not only pay for my monthly necessities but to cover for the emergencies that Ive already had to pay for.
I was already short $650 in April, including being $200 overdrawn in my checking account, which included 4 "bounce" fees of $35.00, one for a check & 3 for auto withdrawals. In total, I was about $950 short.
My cable has been shut off since April & is now on my credit report.as negative.
My electricity & gas will be shut off by the end of June.
I have been chronically out of/without food since Sun, April 21, 2019.
I'm almost always out of gas. (In CA ... no idea why ... gas is OVER $4.00/gal!)
MAY 2019: The extreme money shortage & especially the overdraft/"bounce" fees made MAY even MORE MISERABLE than April! I needed at least $1200 IN ADDITION TO my SSD check because of the OD status of my checking acct from April's emergencies & unavoidable auto-payments. My bank got their OD fees from my 5/3 SSD auto depo. With those fees & 3 MORE auto payments to be sucked out on that same day .... I WAS TOTALLY OUT OF MONEY BY MAY 4.
No one came to my aid.
Again, $1256/month just DOESN'T go far enough!!!
I had just enough for May's rent - & for NOTHING else.
This apt complex is "zero tolerant" - & yet it's exclusively for low-income SENIORS & THE DISABLED. I am always a heartbeat away from being HOMELESS. I didnt have any money to buy food nor pay all the perpetual monthly utility bills that were ALREADY past due, etc.
THIS IS SO DRAINING & EXHAUSTING.
• FURNITURE: My Ex trashed most of my things, especially my car & living room furniture. I left the living room furniture at his place. As a result, I now need 7 pieces of living room furniture, which if I buy "cheap" on eBay, & put it together myself (with osteoarthritis ...) will cost me about $1,200, hopefully less. Because my Ex & I ended up living in 2 separate rooms - he in the living room & me banished to the bedroom .... I literally have not sat on a couch or living room chair since ... 2012! I cant wait to have & to sit on a couch like normal ppl!!
• CAR REPAIR/MAINTENANCE: Before gerting his own car ... my Ex totally trashed mine. Because of that, I needed a minimum of about $1,500 for auto repair & general maintenance work. He BROKE my heater, which will cost about $300 to repair! (That's NOT part of the $1500 total!)
My 1990 Toyota Corolla is the LAST car I will ever own, so it is IMPERATIVE I keep everything in working order at all times.
I'm just not well enough to rely on the public transportation system, which is sketchy here in "Hooterville" & isnt available on Sundays. (Unbelievable!)
(Daydream/Fantasy: Someone to gift me a brand new Corolla with the longest warranty possible. However, due to my lack of a living wage, someone would have to also pay for the full coverage insurance & the outrageous annual registration fees for new cars. At my age ... a 2019 Toyota will long outlive me by 20 to 30 yrs!)
• NEW GLASSES: One of the diseases I have - Sjogren's - has totally "shredded" my eyes by causing severe, PAINFUL dryness. Sjögren's can also cause corneal tearing, permanent damage & ... BLINDNESS! Since the release of Restasis in 2003, my 2 now FORMER Ophthalmologists both REFUSED to Rx it for me. (Malpractice?!) Since Feb, 2018, I literally have not been able to see! As of Jan, 2019, I now have a new eye dr, who is excellent & competent. My eyes had become both so inflamed & so damaged from severe dryness that he couldnt even get "a reading" on them for new glasses Rx. He immediately put me on both a steroid eye drop & Restasis. In April, after 3 months of treatment, he was finally able to get an accurate "reading" for a new Rx for glasses.
It will take another 9 months before my eyes fully heal.
I need $300-$500 for new, stronger glasses - lenses & frames. NEITHER MEDICARE NOR MEDI-CAL COVERS RX GLASSES, CONTACTS OR OTHER RX EYEWEAR. (Contact your sleeping elected to DEMAND this to be CHANGED!)
• DENTAL WORK: Besides destroying one's eyes, Sjogren's also totally destroys a person's mouth/teeth by causing severe dryness. I did not escape the Sjögren's wrath in my mouth. I haven't had any lower molars since about 2004 & *I was denied dental care from 2009 to 2019. As a result, Ive UNNECESSARILY lost 5 teeth due to being forced to live in this hell hole that has NO DENTISTS WHO ARE CONTRACTED WITH ADULT DENTI-CAL. (All 5 teeth I lost were all root canals with nice porcelain crowns -which I had done when I was normal, worked for a living & had normal, private ins).
I now need upper & lower partials, 1 root canal (already approved & done) & 2 porcelain crowns.
I'm insured by the sketchy Denti-Cal, which was *restored in CA in 2014 but didnt become available to SLO COUNTY adults again until ... 2019! There is NO guarantee Denti-Cal will pay for ANYTHING they say they will. The sole job of Denti-Cal Case Managers is to deny, deny, deny.
UPDATE APRIL/MAY/JUNE 2019: Denti-Cal did pay for the front root canal. However, they may NOT pay for the crown. My dentist will give me the Denti-Cal rate if I pay cash. Estimated cost to have functioning teeth with 2 porcelain crowns & goid-quality upper & lower partials: $4250.00.
(*Denti-Cal for CA's over 18 was destroyed by that awful right-wing, pseudo-Nazi - "The Governator" - during his reign of terror from 2009 to 2013. Governors Brown & Newsom have done their best to restore & INCREASE dental benefits for ALL eligible Californians over 18.)
NOTE: Medicare does NOT cover lenses, frames, hearing aids or ANY type of dental work. MediCal & Medicaid (the other 49) isnt much better. Write your reps & AARP & demand this be changed!! You, yourself, will one day be insured by Medicare!! So, dont demand this rightful coverage for me, demand it for yourself & your spouse!
• VET BILLS: My sweet, 5 year old kitty has become collateral damage during all the recent, never-ending chaos, stress & hell that is now my life, especially since Jan, 2018. She is very SENSITIVE & my living hell has totally stressed her out. When stressed, she "stress eats." As a result, she is now dangerously overweight.
UPDATE APRIL -JUNE 2019: My kitty has had 2 emergency vet visits due to issues regarding her obesity. Cost, so far, as if May: $350 ... which I still owe. The bag of diet food costs $57.00/month. I will need at least another $500 this year for vet visits & $684 for 12 months of diet cat food.
• MY EX HAS CONTINUALLY DENIED ME ACCESS TO MY POSSESSIONS IN A JOINT STORAGE SHED WE SHARE! .... I DESPERATELY NEED MONEY TO HIRE MOVERS TO RETRIEVE/REMOVE MY LIFE-LONG POSSESSIONS!: This is yet another very long, convoluted, very painful & just plain WIERD story involving my wretched Ex. He had a hair-brained scheme to move SOME ... SOME ... of my things into what he called "cheaper storage." He pressured & pressured me until I finally gave in. Stupid me! This was also meant to be a "temporary arrangement." That was in NOV 2012! Ha ha. Joke's on me. So, where did my things end up being moved to? Into what turned out to be a run down shack! And ... over 1/2 of my things ended up in that shack that were NEVER meant to go there in the first place! They were supposed to be delivered to our apt!!There are MANY items in that shack I actually NEED!
• I HAVE NO WAY TO ACCESS WHAT I CALL THE "SH*T SHACK." MY EX MADE SURE OF THAT. Why do I call it the "sh*t shack?" Because there is mice shit on EVERYTHING. I have NO ACCESS to my family heirlooms, such as 2 sets of china & my very personal possessions such as irreplaceable family photo albums. These are being systematically destroyed by rodents who are shitting & chewing on everything along with damage from the elements, termites & poisonous spiders who are also doing their fair share of destruction. The owner refuses to do any type of pest control. He only cares about getting his monthly check. As mentioned, to add to this misery, I must actually SHARE that shack with my Ex!! I LOSE, BIG TIME! I need to break free of him but .... I just don't have the money to hire movers!
In short, I need about $1,500 - $2,500 to hire movers to move the majority of my PRIZED possessions out of that horrid, run down "shit shack" that's on private property & bring what SHOULD already be here to MY apt & put the rest into a REAL storage unit.
(And, yes, FYI for SLO County residents: Meathead Movers was contracted in 2018 via RISE - the SLO County women's domestic violence advocacy group - to help me move out of there at no cost to me. However, after taking out half of my possessions, they abruptly put them all back & aborted the move midway & just drove away! They left me stranded & abandoned with NO alternative solution! Unbelievable! I was & still am devastated. There are MANY items in that shack I actually NEED that were NEVER supposed to go there!)
Since Nov, 2018, I've advertized/begged on Craig's List for FREE help to move my things out of there. Zero response, except for actual HATE MAIL ... all from men.
Im terrified, depressed & shocked that I will die without ever seeing or touching my prized possessions again. Tick tock. I dont have much time left on this planet.
MY SHOPPING/SPENDING HABITS: Im a penny-pincher & I only buy food & household items (or anything else!) that are ON SALE & I use coupons as often as possible. I also seek out the CHEAPEST price from various merchants before I buy something. I am forced to unnecessarily buy many items online bc there are few stores in this hillbilly hell hole & what stores there are carry LIMITED goods ... including Walmart! Shelves are often bare in many stores! This,nonsense is unheard of in LA County! .Again, I miss choices, options & variety. Things are also more expensive in SLO County bc there is NO COMPETITION.
• FUTURE FINANCIAL NEEDS:
• PLAN A MOVE - GET UP ON OUTTA HERE COMPLETELY: SLO County will NEVER be my home & since 2003 it has been my goal/dream to return home to civilization, sophistication & urbanization - the So Bay area of Los Angeles County.
I long to do so before I die, but, I just don't have the funds to move. There is also the matter of finding an "affordable low-income apt" (ie, apt for poor ppl) available in that area. These types of apts only become available when someone literally dies, so availability is always on very short notice - usually less than 30 days!
My guess for the cost to move AND pay all deposits on an apt 300+ miles down south down in the So Bay: $5000-$8000. (May be an over-estimate. I have no idea.)
• PLANS FOR THESE FUNDS: Put them in a savings or escrow account to be used ONLY when the opportunity finally presents itself.
To be realistic, at 65, & with maybe 5 to 10 yrs left to live ... unless a real Fatima or Lourdes-type miracle happens, I don't think I will ever see my hometown area again, which just breaks my heart beyond belief. So ....
• PLAN B MOVE - GO LOCAL, BUT GO CIVILIZED: If I cant go HOME, I'd like to move to the ONLY really nice, low income senior complex located in the 2nd most southern city of SLO County called Arroyo Grande. AG is somewhat similar in culture & very similar in climate to the South Bay (no 105° crap in the summer!) & it's just 1 mile, straight shot, to my precious beach. Ive only seen my beautiful beach 5 times since 2003. : -( I'm on the waiting list for that complex - with the usual 5-yr time frame.
AG is about 50 miles south from where I reside now. If & when that move were to take place, it would probably cost me close to $3,000 -$5000 to move down there. That'a a gustimate, but it's still overall ridiculous, I know!
• PLANS FOR THOSE FUNDS: I would also place that money in a savings, escrow or some type of "cushion account" so that when a low income apt finally does become available in that AG complex I will be available to pay them immediately & also move-in IMMEDIATELY b/c, as I said, move-ins are expected within 30 days or less. I will need to have both sufficient & immediate funds to pay all the excessive deposits required for renting a new apt & sufficient money to hire a moving company, which includes rental of a flat bed truck for my ancient car.
°°° If I was well enough to work, I would certainly do so & provide for myself as one should, but I no longer have that luxury. °°°
FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, MY LIFE ENDED WITH MY PRIMARY DIAGNOSIS IN 1997. MY LIFE IS COMPLETELY BEHIND ME NOW. I HAVE NO FUTURE.
At 65, my life certainly did not turn out as I had planned. At present, there is no joy & certainly no peace or contentment - only a lot of regrets, what-ifs & interrupted & unfinished business. To be honest, I wish I'd never been born. At age 65, I only have 5 to 10 years left to live. Unfairly, I welcome death because Im wore out, exhausted & tired of fighting for every scrap I have & medical care I can get. If I live to the average age of most Americans - 85 - the last 10 yrs - ages 75-85 - will probably be spent in "prison" ... er, I mean a nursing home ... (no difference).
Im now too old & now too sick to date or look for a "well-off" sig other or husband. Frankly, I just dont want to. What's the point? (I will NEVER get involved with anyone who clears less than $80,00/yr! I know better, now!!) At this point in my life, I also bring nothing to a relationship but my poverty, neediness & brokenness. No one wants or needs that! My Ex stole/wasted the last youthful yrs I had. So, as Noël Coward wrote, "I Walk Alone."
FYI, I am college educated with an AA degree in LA, an AS degree in Nursing (an RN) & a BS degree from CSUDH in Community Health (RN, BS). I LOVED my job/career & miss it so very much, but my working days are over. I really wanted to get a Master's in Community Health or Gerentology, but was struck down before I could do so. Getting a Master's is STILL a dream of mine. Although Im too old & too sick now to put it to good use, just to HAVE an MA in Humanities or Liberal Arts would make me feel accomplished, complete! I know I'll never have the money to even get an online Masters. The CALSTATE uni in SLO County is a JOKE. So, that's no option for me.
I doubt I will ever be able to go home again - not even for a visit due to lack of money to travel. I'll never get to travel, see the world, visit España - the mother country - or my adopted Italia, visit the Vatican, or other countries, go on a cruise, visit Disneyland one last time, see the Rolling Stones (fave band since 1965), dance again (no studios or park n recs in this hell-hole .) I've been a dancer since age 3 & I both crave & miss movement. It's agony to not have choices!
I now know I will never have or enjoy a NORMAL family life. All of this is one bitter pill to swallow. I miss life. I miss civilization. I miss choices & options. I would give anything to be able to smile & laugh & dance & enjoy life again. Enjoy music again.
Im really tired of being stuck on the bottom rung, # 8, of Erickson's Eight Stages (perpetually trying to obtain just basic, base needs). I would like to be as close to the 1st or even the 2nd rungs as possible - "fulfilment" - & thus be secure & self-sufficient & able to focus on other matters & OTHER PEOPLE besides myself for a change. I would love to volunteer to help others, but it's difficult when one is unpredictably ill & also very poor.
If I could receive a **LIVING WAGE** each month from SSD I could make ends meet for a basic no-frills, but SECURE, existence & not have to stress out, fret, or worse, BEG strangers for help! No American should be reduced to this!
What is a monthly NET living wage amount? A minimum acceptable amount would be $2500/month for 1 person & only if that person pays just 30% of their income towards rent/mortgage. The maximum monthly NET & most ideal for 1 person would be $4000/month.
If I could consistently receive between $2500 to $4000/month, I could easily make ends meet. I would then be able to sleep at night & not be filled with chronic anxiety & terror - constantly worrying about where my next meal is coming from & how I'm going to pay for this or that bill or EMERGENCY EXPENSE, how will I pay for care of my kitty, how I will pay for car repairs/maintenance & if Im going to end up HOMELESS. I certainly wouldnt have to BEG strangers for money! The stress is just too much to bear anymore.
America is the only country Im aware of that punishes it's retirees receiving SSR & it's chronically ill & disabled receiving SSD. A middle-class person working person can go from just that to below-poverty-level status literally overnight once they start receiving their SSR benefits. That happened to my wealthy Auntie & Uncle. It happened to my middle class parents.
Unacceptable. Shocking. Terrifying.
☆☆No American worker should be reduced to a below poverty income level upon retirement or disability/chronic illness. Shockingly, Im not alone in my plight & the financial hell caused by inadequate benefits from SSD & SSR. About 90% of all SSD & SSR recipients exist below poverty level ... & most were middle class when working! This is absolutely unacceptable! Currently, no one on SSR or SSD receives more than $1400/mo. The monthly income of those on SSR & SSD averages out to be LESS than the national minimum wage. No American worker should be treated like this! ☆☆
Please write your reps & AARP & DEMAND that all SSD & SSR recipients be given a raise & be paid a living wage ... IMMEDIATELY!! Remember, if you have no separate pension plan or retirement plan ... when you retire, you will find yourself in the same leaky SSA boat.
• LONG TERM PLAN: Per my calculations of what constitutes a living wage, I'm $1244 to $2744 short each month & will be so until I pass away or am placed in a nursing home. So, until Congress decides to properly take care of it's citizens, I will need help every month until I die (for the next 5-10 yrs) to be able to make ends meet each month.
I would like to have a guaranteed monthly financial cushion for what little time I have left. I would give anything for financial security, peace of mind, to finally be able to sleep again & to once again find joy in life, & actually enjoy life.
Because I was born/raised middle class & was also a self-sufficient middle class working adult, I know first hand that sufficient money &/or adequate income DO INDEED buy happiness because when one has both a sufficient amount & a reliable source of money/income, it buys *security,* *stability,* *peace of mind* & a decent night's sleep.
If anyone out there reading this is blessed to have extra money ... ie, "disposable income" ... to not only help others but to also assist me, I would be so grateful. If you are able to help ease my financial burden & chronic stress & anxiety, I will be eternally grateful for any immediate & future assistance you may offer me.
If you are hesitant to donate cash, I will graciously accept gift cards for eBay, Vons, Food 4 Less, Walmart, Target, 99 Cent Store & The Dollar Tree. I can also provide the name & address of my vet, dentist & optical place for direct payments to them.
I would also be more than happy to post photos of items bought or repaired & post photos of receipts to prove that I am using the funds as intended & not scamming ppl or wasting donations on frivolous things.
Thank you for reading my story. Thank you for not judging me. And if possible, thank you for helping me out in the short time I have left on this planet. ▪¤▪¤▪¤
☆ "Im just a girl who wants to go home. Im just a girl whose Ruby Slippers are long broken."
☆ "Oh, I know it's a penny here & a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." ~ ~ Groucho Marx, Monkey Business, 1931