Creating a Fundraiser
Managing Your Fundraiser
GoGetFunding is a social fundraising (aka crowdfunding) website that lets you raise money for anything that matters to you. From personal plans, projects, events & more.
Let’s say Jane wants to open a youth centre for less privileged children in her area but she just can’t get all the funding she needs.
She visits GoGetFunding and creates a fundraiser detailing her cause.
To motivate people to donate, she offers great rewards. Those that donate $1 to $40 get a personal thank you on the youth centre website. Those that donate $40 to $100 are invited to a VIP launch of the new youth centre. And those that donate $100 and beyond get all of the aforementioned rewards and have their name engraved on a special plaque inside the youth centre!
Jane shares her project with her Facebook friends and the donations start rolling in! To make things even better, Jane even attracts donations from people that she doesn’t even know (yet) as others want to be part of her awesome project and get the thoughtful rewards.
Jane reaches her funding target and gets all the money she needs to complete her plans. She sends her valuable backers regular updates on progress and delivers the promised rewards. Funding success!
From funding that aeronautical degree that’s been just out of your reach, to conquering Everest or crowdfunding your creative idea - GoGetFunding gives you funding freedom and lets you raise money for all the things that really matter to you.
By tapping into the power of your social networks, special things can happen! Watch our video which also helps explain what we're all about:
We are an international website and support 22 currencies. Here's the full list:
• Canadian Dollar
• British Pound
• U.S. Dollar
• Japanese Yen
• Australian Dollar
• New Zealand Dollar
• Swiss Franc
• Hong Kong Dollar
• Singapore Dollar
• Swedish Krona
• Danish Krone
• Polish Zloty
• Norwegian Krone
• Hungarian Forint
• Czech Koruna
• Israeli New Shekel
• Mexican Peso
• Philippine Peso
• New Taiwan Dollar
• Thai Baht
• Turkish Lira
We’re glad you asked! Our site has a number of advantages over other crowdfunding sites out there:
• We allow all types of fundraisers on our site, not just creative or entrepreneurial projects.
• We charge just 4% on the money you raise whereas our competitors take an average of 5-9%.
• Our keep-it-all funding method means you keep everything you raise - some sites return money to backers if you don't hit your target.
• Payment to fundraisers is instant and you can choose to run a timed or ongoing campaign.
• You can raise money in all major currencies
• We have fundraising coaches that are happy to help you during every step of your campaign - from creation, to promotion and more.
• We support both PayPal and Stripe, making it absolutely effortless for people to donate to your campaign with both credit cards and through PayPal.
• We have an array of unique features that are all designed to help you raise more money online.
• GoGetFunding has been proven and refined over the years by handling millions of donations.
Send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible - that's normally within just a few hours.
Creating a Fundraiser
Anyone, anywhere that needs to raise money online. You just need to have a PayPal or Stripe account so that you can receive the money you raise.
You have the option to create either a timed or an ongoing fundraiser. You should always create a timed fundraiser if money is needed before a certain date. Ongoing fundraisers are suited to those needing to collect money on a regular basis and these are shown on a sub-section of our site.
To receive the money you raise, you'll need either a Stripe or PayPal account. Stripe accounts can be setup in just a few seconds while creating your fundraiser whereas we recommend you signup to PayPal at PayPal.com.
Ready to start? Click here.
You need to enable either Stripe or PayPal to launch your fundraiser. We recommend enabling both so that donors can pay with absolute ease. Stripe specialize in handling your credit card donations whereas PayPal specialize in checkout with PayPal accounts.
You can setup a Stripe account in seconds when creating your fundraiser on our site. If you don't have a PayPal account, you can signup at PayPal.com
To accept donations via Stripe, you need to be resident in the USA, Canada, UK or Ireland.
Your PayPal account needs to meet the following five criteria:
1. Your PayPal account needs to be verified (bank account added)
2. Your email address must be confirmed (email address confirmed)
3. Your account must be a Business or Premier account
4. Your account must be capable of accepting the currency you've chosen.
5. Your Payment Receiving Preferences must be set to allow "Send Money" payments
For more details on setting up PayPal and enabling the above, please see our PayPal setup page.
Fundraisers should explain:
• What it is you are trying to do
• How you will do it
• How the funds will be used
• Information about you or if applicable, the people in your team
The more information you share, the more you will earn your backers’ trust.
Think of what it would take for you to fund a project. Then go ahead and include all that information.
You don’t have to be a video expert to create a video – just about every smartphone can make great videos nowadays.
The key to creating a great video is to just relax, be yourself and have fun. Talk through your project and tell your story.
Ask for support and tell viewers what great rewards they will get for backing you.
Don’t worry about making it perfect, just keep it real. Fundraisers with a video are shown to raise more money than those without.
It's free to start your fundraiser. Our only charge is a competitive 4% fee on funds raised. This fee is automatically deducted and sent to us when you receive a donation - you don't have to do anything and you will never receive any annoying bills from us. We know that the features we provide will help attract more donations that will easily cover this fee.
Some sites say they are '100% Free' but they actually charge donors. Not cool.
Managing Your Fundraiser
To help you get the funding you need, first ensure that you've created a worthy fundraiser. You should have a thorough description that explains what you're raising money for. If appropriate, offer rewards and include a video of you or your team talking through your campaign - this does help raise more money.
Once you’re sure that your on-site project content is top-notch, you need to start thinking about promoting your project.
Exceptional projects can get donations from total strangers but most projects are funded by people that are in your network and your networks’ network.
Our site has all the features you need to encourage donations, but you still need to work to get others to part with their cash. Creating a project is not a set-and-forget endeavor.
Here are our tips on promoting your project. Your goal should be to build through these stages and become an advanced fundraiser!
• Send a personal message to your close friends and family telling them about your fundraiser so that they can be first to donate and get the momentum going. Ask them to spread the message within their social networks.
• Tell people about your project through your own social networks. Don’t bombard people with messages but send out at least three of four notices throughout the duration of your fundraiser.
• If you have a website or blog, get more exposure through those mediums. Similarly, if you have a Facebook page or other way of contacting relevant circles of people, spread the message.
• Contact relevant online communities that may be interested in your fundraiser. You could engage with like-minded people on a relevant forum or website. Contact blogs that are related to your project and see if they’re interested in writing about your fundraiser.
• Take your project offline and meet up with people. You can host events, phone people you know and others that can help, distribute flyers and essentially create real connections with people.
• By contacting the press you have the ability to get exposure to a huge number of people, many of who could turn into your backers. Therefore, contact your local newspaper, TV and radio stations to tell them about your fundraiser and why it’s worth their attention. The media love covering projects that are based on personal stories.
• Create viral and share-worthy material. Consider creating a weird, wonderful or wacky video that could go viral. Consider guerilla-marketing tactics that will draw loads of attention at little cost. Be creative and think out of the box.
Fundraisers need to raise at least $100 (or the equivalent in another currency) before they are shown publicly on our site (unless you have set your fundraiser to private). This is to ensure that only active campaigns are displayed.
We have a special section on our homepage and discover projects page which lets you see featured fundraisers. If you are running a timed fundraiser, you have the opportunity to be featured.
We decide who to feature based on a number of elements. That includes how well your fundraiser is put together. For example, do you have multiple pictures, an interesting story, a video or thoughtful rewards?
We also look at how many donations you've been able to drive from your personal networks. Finally, those that support Go Get Funding get the love right back! For example, if you're a blogger that's told your readers about using our platform to raise money online, you have a greater chance of getting featured and also being mentioned on our social media profiles.
We assess which fundraisers to feature on a regular basis. However, if you'd like to give us a heads-up, get in touch. Please remember that although we read all featured requests, we may not be able to reply to each one.
If a project reaches its funding goal before the time expires and you have not allowed overfunding, your project will not be able to receive further donations and it will be shown as successful.
If you have allowed overfunding, you will be able to receive additional donations until your project expires.
With ongoing fundraisers, you can receive donations indefinitely.
You can edit your fundraiser once it is live by logging into our site and go to your dashboard. You will see your fundraiser with a 'edit' link besides it.
Project updates are just what they sound like – they are updates that you can post on your project as it ticks on.
It’s great to keep followers and backers informed of your progress – this helps build an even greater personal connection, driving more interest and support. To create an update, simply login to our site and go to the 'Updates' tab of your fundraiser. Then click the 'Add Update' button.
Donating to a Fundraiser
Depending on what the fundraiser has enabled, payment will be handled by trusted global payment providers, PayPal or Stripe.
You aren’t charged any fees for backing a fundraiser.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.