To know more about us, please read “ABOUT US” below!
AlsalamAleikom/Hi, thanks to all of you who have visited this page. I'm Adel Hashem, a Yemeni humanitarian aid worker living in the capital of Yemen, Sanaa. I’m the executive director of Human Needs Development-HND, a Yemeni nonprofit organization based in the capital of Yemen, Sanaa.
Anyway, because of the war started on March 2015, more than “22” million Yemenis – that’s three-quarters of the population – need humanitarian assistance and protection. More than “11” million of them are children. The war has made Yemen a living hell for its children.
With all this, the battle for the Red Sea port city Hodeidah has been taking place about 2 months ago. It endangers the lives of hundreds of thousands of children and families in the city. Millions more across Yemen depend on the humanitarian and commercial goods that come through the port every day for their very survival.
For the people of Hodeidah, we STRONGLY stand our ground and we decided to go there by mid of December to feed “1,000” of the internally displaced families who fled Hodeidah city to its surrounds. That means we should reach “30,000 USD” by mid of December to be able feed “1,000” families there. (30 USD) per one family!
Every family will be helped with ONE food package costs “$30” and sufficient for ONE month. Every food package contains the following:
- 25 kg of wheat,
- 5 kg of rice,
- 5 kg of sugar and
- 2 liters of cooking (vegetable) oil.
WHY HODEIDAH URGENTLY NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT?
- More than 5,000 families in Hodeidah are estimated to have fled their homes since 1 June to escape the heavy fighting, indiscriminate shelling and airstrikes;
- The city and surrounds of Hodeidah are one of the most densely populated areas in Yemen.
- There are around 600,000 people in Hodeidah, including 300,000 children, caught in the fighting;
- The United Nations fears that as many as 250,000 people – more than 100,000 children – may lose everything, even their lives, if the current situation escalates;
- Hodeidah is the single most important point of entry for the food and basic supplies to Yemen. Close to 70% of the country’s imports, including commercial and humanitarian goods, enter through Hodeidah and Saleef to the north.
Our team is so enthusiastic and can’t wait to save the lives of these families who are paying the heaviest price of the war.
This is an opportunity to give directly to those most vulnerable people in Yemen!!.
An amount of “$30” will help us feed ALL members of one family there for ONE month!
PLEASE, come and join our movement against hunger and help us save the lives of our Yemen’s hungry children and people in one of the most affected areas by hunger such as Hodeidah!
PLEASE, MAKE AN ACTION NOW!!
Human Needs for Development-HND is a non-profit Yemeni registered organization NO:(275/2016) based in the capital of Yemen, Sana’a.
Since our HND establishment on 2016, we successfully have launched over “90” projects in most Yemeni urban and rural areas with an estimated budget of (150,000 USD). Right now, we helped over “40,000” people in Yemen with food, water, education, health care and other relief needs.