Would You Kindly Support A Dream!
My name is Fatma Salah. I am from Egypt. I have applied to study my master degree at the University of Sussex in September 2019.
Why Studying Abroad?
Getting my master degree from a prestigious university is always one of my biggest dreams. As it will provide me with: experience, knowledge, research skills and a huge networking community. It will make me more self-reliant & more confident to make decisions. This will allow me to overcome any difficulties, challenges, and fears while achieving my career plans.
My main goal is the development of research laboratories in Egypt in the field of Biotechnology. This aim can be achieved via transferring the huge acquired experience to other colleagues and new researchers by holding workshops all over Egypt within the first 3-5 years.
After overcoming the community barrier (in our community it is not that easy for a female to travel to study abroad alone) I found myself encountering a financial barrier.
Thank Goodness, I have been able to secure 50% of the course tuition fee. However, I am still in trouble in trying to secure the rest of the tuition fee in addition to my maintenance requirements.
- Unfortunately, I have been rejected from receiving The Chevening Scholarship Award. Chevening Scholarship is the only fully funded scholarships provided by the UK government for Egyptians.
- I have tried applying to many charities & trusts but I am not eligible for any of them.
- Also, I am not eligible for any kind of loans.
Some friends suggest crowdfunding for me as a last and rest key to my locked dream. If you could help I would:
- Be the first young woman in our family travelling and studying aboard.
- Be able to achieve my dream for me and my country.
- Be able to take my master degree from one of the prestigious universities.
- Be very grateful and thankful to your contribution in building up my dream.
How will the funds be used?
Total tuition fee for my master program = £19,200.00
50% secured = £9600
Remaining = £9600
Maintenance Requirements = £9135
Others (Travel tickets+ Visa expenses+ Immigration Health Surcharge) = £1265
Total required = £20000
Many thanks to those who could help and those who could not. I really appreciate your efforts.
With my Love and my Respect
A Prospective Student
University of Sussex
For inquries please contact: [email protected]