The (Wacky) World of WAWWA - An everyday tale of people, performance, business and life.
Each morning (and most evenings) for many years I’ve been doing the getting up and going to work thing, just as we all have to. And all the time moaning about how things should be better. More recently, having hid the idea behind the sofa for way too long, I took a stand and quit my job to start making time for ‘something better’. Pretty scary to be honest, real leap of faith stuff!
But hey that's what WAWWA is all about, so enough about me, to the project in hand.
With years of experience in designing and delivering business training and freelance consulting around the world, I see businesses of all shapes and sizes struggle with basic of people and performance issues.
My plan is to produce a fun, engaging, practical performance management guide for owners (and managers) of small businesses. Something for those that can't fund a HR team or afford to hire consultants (like me).
My working content is below and this covers the basics. Then through an engaging structure (my little twist in the tale), some nifty copy and images (perhaps a newly inspired model or two) and template downloads the guide will spans most industries and cultures. Certainly the ones I've had the pleasure (or not) to experience.
* Performance Management (general overview)
* Annual Review (inc basic process and document template)
* Rewards, Recognition and Disciplinary (managing behaviour, culture, conflict)
* Training and Development (general strategy and training hacks)
* The Art of Feedback (giving and getting it)
* Objective Setting (getting S.M.A.R.T.)
* 1:2:1 Coaching (working with the GROW Model)
* Succession Planning (the legendary Career Path)
* Installation Guide (how to hacks and planning tools).
Initial publication is planned as a PDF for Kindle / e-reader and that would then drive a physical publication.
But one thing at time, let's get the thing created.
Three easy ways you can support me:
1) Make a contribution to help keep this going, every bit helps!
2) Find our growing community on Facebook and join the discussion at The World of WAWWA Massive
3) Keep an eye out for any WAWWA related posts, videos and updates, get involved in conversations and help me by sharing the idea across your own networks. Likes are nice, but shares really generate the buzz and keep the project alive :)
If you’ve got a number four, I’m all ears!
Proof's in the pudding right?
To see examples of my work you can visit my web arjardine.com
Or better still, why not drop me a line and I'll send you something as a working example (or even an off the cuff sketch based on your request?)
Youtube video content - White-board Warrior