One of the 3 innovative startups from Jharkhand, selected by the U.S. Consulate General, Kolkata for their Youth4Business program, utfive is a content aggregator and creator mobile app that provides interest-based content for youngsters and millennials in form of videos, audios, images, and articles manually curated from extremely credible sources which fit in a time frame of 5 minutes.
The contents can be anything that'll be useful for you. A hack, a trick, a concept, a fact, a dish, an art, a sum, a speech, an advice or an important news about a certain topic or subject.
A new strumming on guitar or a hack to read the whole newspaper in minutes. You can get it all on utfive.
All you need to do is sign up, choose your interests and done.
It's something that the young and millennial generation needs. Most of them when asked about staying about one of their interest areas (say, field hockey), would answer in a NO. The reasons are two. First, they feel they are very busy and they don't have enough time to stay updated with their interest areas. Second, lack of content that can actually fit in their short time frames, that they can consume on the go, content that is useful and interesting at the same time. They are getting disconnected from something that they used to love so much.
utfive is a solution to both of these problems. It keeps you connected with your interest areas on the go.
We have launched the beta version of our app and we are about to launch the final app very soon after doing all the improvements needed.
There are a few achievements of our team that we want to count:
- utfive’s idea received a mentorship opportunity from the then CEO of Jharkhand Innovation Lab, Govt. of Jharkhand
- utfive’s idea was among Top 30 in Jharkhand Startup Pitch Challenge, Govt. of Jharkhand
- utfive was among Top 3 in Jharkhand in Y4BIZ program organized by US Consulate General Kolkata. We had got an online mentorship from IC2 Institute, University of Texas, Austin, U.S.
- utfive was among top 8 startups selected by Ranchi Mall for a token-funding under Ranchi Mall Startup Blockchain Contract
- utfive was felicitated by honorable Chief Minister, Jharkhand for getting selected in the Y4BIZ
- utfive was the winner of the Business Plan Competition in E-Summit 2018, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- utfive attended iB Hubs Startup School 2018 for which, only 25 startups had been selected from all over India.
- utfive was selected for incubation by 36inc but we chose iB Hubs and thus we didn't attend the incubation program.
- utfive was selected for the Founder Institute Bangalore cohort 2018 (we didn't attend due to financial constraints).
- utfive was selected among top 60 startups for Firm-House Venture-Lab, Netherlands (We were called for participating in a Startup Weekend but we couldn't get our passports and visa ready on time).
- utfive was selected among top 350 startups in the world in International Accelerator 2018.
Since, all of our team members are college students, so we are bootstrapping. We have put our savings to get the mobile app developed. Still, there are many features which will be beneficial for our users but since we have financial constraints, we are unable to implement them in our app.
This campaign can help us make utfive better for the users, in terms of experience as well as usefulness and then, we will keep you connected with all your interest areas on the go.