Did you know that for 5,600 euros 800 children in Africa can be protected against malaria? The Amref Flying Doctors is there to this. This is a non-government organization providing quality and affordable health care in Africa to those who need it most - improving access to health treatment and preventing poor health through community education.
Now, a group of 14 motivated Philips employees wants to go the extra mile for African communities in need by joining a challenge to raise funds for the Amref Flying Doctors! The challenge will conclude with cycling 400 km around Kilimanjaro and visiting some of the health care projects in the area. To give you an idea of what Amref Flying Doctors can do with the sponsorship:
- With EUR 30 they can provide access to clean water for 2 people
- With EUR 60 they can buy a bicycle for a community health worker, allowing them to visit patients at home
- With EUR 140 they can provide 20 bed-nets to protect from malaria
- With EUR 300 they can operate a child from cleft lip
- With EUR 1150 they can send a flight to a remote area
It is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to make life better. Will be very grateful to everybody that wishes to support this initiative by contributing in the fund raising. Every little contribution counts. More details can be found here: https://www.africaclassic.nl/team-philips