Jai is an 11 yr old boy who is totally intrigued with the history of World War I & II. He strongly believes he may have been a fighter pilot in a previous life!!
The thing that he loves to learn about, are the war birds, the aircrafts and stories about fighter pilots. He has recently joined the Australian Air Legue and is studying for badges and enjoys wearing the Air Legue uniform. Model planes has been a new hobby of late but this only keeps him occupied for so long.
What Jai really wants to be doing is learning how to fly. Believe it or not, Jai can be flying locally at the age of 13 yr and flying solo by the age of 15 yr..... I know right....that's insane, by the time he is 17 yr he can fly to remote areas of Australia....and this is what he really wants to do.
There are three stages of getting your Commercial Pilot License.
- Recreational Pilot License
- Private Pilot License
- Commercial Pilot License
Below I have given a break down of what it would take to get Jai through the 1st stage of his training.
RECREATIONAL PILOT LICENSE
- Recreational Pilot License Dual Piper Warrior 24 hours @ $290.00 ph $6,960.00
- Solo Piper Warrior 8 hours @ $200.00 ph $1,600.00
- Landing fee Essendon 17 @ $50.00 $850.00
- Synthetic Trainer 1 hour @ $100.00 ph $100.00
- RPL Test Fee $500.00 RPL Test
- Aircraft hire Piper Warrior 2 hours @ $200.00 ph $400.00
- Endorsement Fee $100.00 RPL Theory $660.00
- Issue of Aviation Security identification Card (ASIC)
- Medical examination fee
- Pilot logbook
- Textbooks, charts & operational documents
- Theory exam fees
I realised at the age of 41, how important an education is and not only the education but having a job that brings you absolute joy every day. I have started a Degree in Exercise Science at the age of 42, a little scary, but is so essential if you want to be financial supported through out these ever changing and expensive ages.
As a mother, I really want to support him on this venture, but I can not do it alone.
Please help Jai to build his wings! He is an absolute ANGEL and in the sky is where he belongs.
With much love and appreciation