Hi! I'm Nikka, a Bachelor of Arts in Communication student. I can feel how struggling it is to find where we could borrow film-making gear. It is difficult for us to borrow on someone with the fear of losing or breaking their property.
The school couldn't provide apparatus for our class/program due to UAQTEA (Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act), a program where all SUCs (State Universities and Colleges) are of free tuition implemented by the government on 2018. How does free tuition affected the funds for the projects and teaching supplies? From the students' tuition is where they get their money from. So, if all the students benefited from the government's program, where would get their extra funds for each teacher/course? Our school had struggled to even provide a box of chalk to an instructor and may even take 1-2 years from the date they requested it.
Now, due to the transition of our education system, students' learning is now OBE (Outcome-Based Education). So, every after the topic discussion, students are required to give outputs, and in our case, we should execute more on the filmmaking, photography, advertising, art making, and in radio.
Who would benefit the funds that I raise?
All students who were and will be taking up the Communications course.
How would we be using the funds for?
These are the list of apparatus we would be providing for the course:
1. Camera - more than half of the Communications students' families cannot afford buying high-end phones, let alone a good camera. One of our instructors has one; he bought a second-hand at a very cheap price. It has a lot of defects and cannot use it for educational purposes. Though, we eye for a mirrorless cam as it is much cheaper than DSLRs.
2. Decent Condenser Microphone - we also deal a lot of voice overs for our project films as the chosen one would be used for regional and national competition and hopefully, internationally.
3. Tripod and Stabilizer
4. Wireless Microphone System - to tell a story from a person from diverse culture, we owe them the good quality audio to be heard all over the world.
5. Headphones - to monitor sounds at all times when shooting
6. Flash Memory Cards
7. Extra funds for our project’s adopted families. It is where we could get their stories from. We will be giving them $10 dollars’ worth of groceries. (We don't give them cash because as what our instructors and witnesses hinted us, they would use them for bets and their vices).
Your support would mean so much for us not only would it enhance our skills for an aspiring artists and filmmakers but we will open the world's eyes to see and hear unique stories and situations on places a vehicle cannot reach.
We would be forever grateful for the help you will be sharing for us. Thank you and God may shower you with blessings.
"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."