Objective of the Project:
Through this project, rural poor children living in the outskirts of Manapakkam town will get the best support for their education by ways of counseling, free donation of study materials, nutritious snacks, supplementary education etc. The children will also benefit through special coaching & training for reading and writing, art development through talent shows & sport activites through competitions. The overall focus would be holistic improvement and growth of the children of the project area without any discrimination on any grounds. Around 50 children will benefit from this project once funding is obatined.
Student Development Centre (SDC):
* Up to 50 children will be enrolled in this SDC without any discrimination on any grounds. .
* 2 skilled and interested volunteers will be trained for this project.
* The volunteers will be working as a part-time employee for this project. The volunteers will study about the backgrounds/family situation of every children enrolled and will also find the requirements and special needs with respect to their studies and overall growth of the children. Based on this study, the volunteers will act during the project tenure and support/guide the children to overcome the obstacles which distract/stop their growth.
* The SDC will be conducted from 5PM to 7PM at the St.Antony’s church campus, Manapakkam, Chennai, India. The SDC will be conducted on all days except on Sunday. On Sunday’s the interested children will attend in the Catechism classes from 9 AM to 10.30 AM.
* Since all the children in the SDC are from poor backgrounds, all the 50 children will be given a set of school uniforms.
* Once in every two months, a review meeting and discussion/training/study will be conducted for the volunteers. Volunteers will share their experiences and provide suggestions to improve the centre.
* It is evident that more than 80% of the students between 5th to 8th standard in this region are very poor in reading and writing. So the volunteers will take special care and attention to these ranges of children.
* The study materials which are used in the SDC will be provided to the children.
* Evaluation will be done every six months and will be reported to Little Drops Charity Trust, Scottish Charity No. SC028069.
* The Church Priest will act as Project Director of this program and will visit the center often and will check the attendance and review the SDC.
* The SDC will maintain attendance reports separately for children and volunteers.
* Each volunteer will handle 25 children each and coach them with utmost care.
* The children will be given nutritious snacks on every day to overcome the malnutrition deficiency among the children of this area.
* Once every six months competitions will be conducted among the children of SDC and encouraged to showcase their talents within them. Prizes will be given to the children to motivate them.
* Through this program, a holistic development for all the children is expected and every improvement will be noted, documented and reported.
For more info pl visit following links, or email [email protected]