SPIDR, is a non-profit, non government organization who has been helping the Filipino calamity striken families since 2011. Founded by Ruel Kapunan, a Pilipinas 911 Founder and advocate of saving lives; SPIDR's mission is to extend assistance in the field of search and rescue, medical response, disaster preparedness, family safety and management of the dead and missing.
SPIDR has, in many ways, responded to a lot of disasters and emergencies in the past, utilizing donations from various private sources and P911 funding. Some of the projects SPIDR has worked on, thru P911 are as follows:
- Typhoon Pedring and Quiel, Bulacan, 2011
- Typhoon Sendong, CDO 2011
- 6.9 magnitude Earthquake, Negros Oriental 2012
- Typhoon Pablo, Compostela Valley, 2012
- 7.2 magnitude Earthquake, Bohol, 2013
- Super Typhoon Yolanda, Tacloban 2013
- Typhoon Lando, Cabanatuan, 2015
- Super Typhoon Lawin, Tuguegarao, 2016
- 6.7 magnitude Earthquake, Surigao, 2017
- 6.5 magnitude Earthquake, Leyte, 2017
- Marawi Siege, 2017.
In the light of the recent success of our government to neutralize the threat to our security, our friends and families in Marawi needs all the assistance they can get. The group of Ruel Kapunan, founder of P911 and SPIDR will set another medical and rescue mission in Marawi to provide support and to those in need.
This is their 2nd mission, having completed the first mission last October, which lasted about 3 weeks, assisting the local government on the Management of the Dead and Missing.
Let us show support and compassion to our Filipino brothers by funding this campaign.