We have confirmed, that amount 1.700€ (maybe less) will be enough for Shibi's surgery. Other raised money will be invested on food for dog shelters in Levice and Sala (Slovakia). All evidence (receipts) will be posted on Shibi's instagram to the last cent. Thank you! .Our Shibi is a dog from a shelter. We took him, when he was 1 year old. He has a tracheal collapse, after many examinations, the clinic came up with a clear solution to operate and deploy a stent (titanium reinforcement) because the dog has an insufficiently stiffened cartilage tract, and with the aging age it will worsen until it coughs . As loving owners, we agreed without hesitation. We underwent a number of preoperative procedures (paid from Animal Freedom) during which the dog was sleeping. A stent arrived from abroad and so it was time for it to be introduced. If we knew ... we went to the clinic where we picked it up, worked out, spent the night there, and the next day we ran away after it as soon as we called it possible. Allegedly, the dog will not suffocate, so we leave home with satisfaction. First stretching comes and sucking is more intense than it was before the procedure. We're calling to Veterinary hospital, the doctor tells you the reason that the dog is still shortly after the procedure, so that the reinforcement is going to suffer a bit, but it stops within a week or two.
We go regularly to the controls where the dog is just doped with medication and again sleeping. The dog is still suffocating, and we feel that the doctors are not such experts as we have them, and they cling to the darkness. The dog's condition is getting worse and worse. Mucilages are added to the mucilage. Nights are overtaken, as it is only getting up in the evening when it looks at the last hours.
We come back to Veterinary hospital for help, the dogs take the next examinations and again commit anesthesia. The result? The dog is almost nothing, but the problem will be only a prolonged soft climate known earlier by French bulldogs, but it can also occur in your breed. So I ask how it is possible that the dog was under the narcosis and I hear only the ASI it will be this. Allegedly, the only possibility of an investigation is an operation that reveals whether it is the right diagnosis. Since we have not slept for about a week, with the dog turning, the dog seems to be ending all day, so we agree with the procedure, as soon as possible, two days. The dog is going to Vet Hospital surgery. After surgery, we came back and look forward to a healthy dog. But ... The Doctor tells us that he did not have a prolonged climate, but he lazled about 1mm with a laser. By the way, we do not know how, but the dog has a burned stomach, which we can not reasonably explain. After payment, we decided to never return and we went to another clinic or clinic. The doctors were not trying to wake up ... The stent was located completely outside the unstretched, fallen parts, and so it was useless, and it was clear from the doctors' assertions that they probably placed the stent in the way they wanted, but only one attempt. In addition, the stent was placed so deeply that it extends to the bronchi, so regular coughing is added to the sore. And now also coughing with mucus. After a basic stethoscope scan, we receive corticosteroids that suppress an autoimmune system that fights the depressed stent with mucus and fever. The following week, we go to antibiotic injections, where the mucus passes, and the dog is back again and it is again our happy clutch, just now even regularly stewed with a stent cough that can not be removed immediately after application. Today, after surgery, we are over a half a year and we are not coughing, so we visit more tests to help our dog ... All experts/doctors on tracheal collapse are so-so expensive.
An expert on tracheal collapse at dogs is located in the neighboring state (Czech) and so we increase the money for further investigation, next stent surgery (about 1500-2000€) and eventual action that will help Shibi to live normally as normal doggo and enjoy life without issues :)
Update: currently raising money for next examination - bronchoscopy, endoscopy and next research in Jaggy veterinary clinic, Brno.
You can check our adventures (or how tracheal collapse looks) on instagram: @shibithefox - https://www.instagram.com/shibithefox/