Kuya Totoy is my brother-in-law and I'm helping my niece raise funds for her dad. I'm quoting her post in Facebook since it more detailed.
We are currently preparing for the 3rd operation dated sometime end-of-month November 2016.
[ Please share ]
Hi FB Friends, Classmates,Officemates and Relatives,
This is not my usual post but I hope you can find time to read.
My father is critically ill and we are looking for kind-hearted people who can financially help us make both ends meet. My father was diagnosed with Mastoiditis with cholesteatoma on his right ear last September 17, 2016. The following day, the doctor told us that my father needs to undergo Mastoid surgery. It involves drilling into his skull to remove the mastoid bone.
The operation was successful and we were waiting on the results of the CT scan with contrast .After a week, the doctor gave the results and they found out that there is an infection on the right part of his head. Thus, the doctor told us that my father should undergo 2 weeks medication with the prescribed antibiotics such as Clyndamicyn Phosphate and Chloramphenycol Antibacterial. After 10 days of medication, my father was scheduled for another CT scan with contrast.
The result of CT scan was released. The doctor told us to undergo brain surgery as soonest as possible because the infection is getting bigger and he is developing increased Hydrocephalus (see picture below).
Operation: Craniotomy, temporal right aspiration of brain abscess
Ventriculostomy frontal right
Blood transfusion was required for the operation and finding (availability) the right blood type was a challenge in the Bicol Province. Post-Op, it took around 24hours before my father gained consciousness. At this point, he is not able to talk and not able to eat. He depends on the dextrose IV. He is also having difficulty in breathing and had to breathe under a nebulizer every 6 hours. He is already at ICU.
Schedule for 3rd Operation: Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt
We were informed that we need a 3rd operation. There was another infection found on the other side of the brain which needs to be removed ASAP. Hearing this is already emotionally tough for us, but knowing that 2 pairs of tube for 25,000 each financially hurts even more.
4th Findings: Pneumonia infection lungs.
My father has developed another infection on the lungs and the doctors said he has Pneumonia. He is already outside the ICU but still critically monitored.
Friends, if you reached this part of my post, thank you for hearing me out.
Although this is really a cry for financial help, prayers for my father’s recovery is very much appreciated.
Our rough estimate medical expense is already 700,000 PHP (around US$ 14,000).
It may still change depending on the PFs of the different doctors involved (specialized on ears,heart,lungs,brain, and infectious diseases).
To those who are interested to help, you can make donations to my sister’s bank account.
BPI branch: Sikap Boni Ave. Mandaluyong City
Account Name: Glieza Aurellano Trinidad
Account No.:3859 1599 81
I’m also posting some pictures of my father.
He is currently thinner than before, but he is still giving a good fight. We just need a little push to help him win this battle.
Thank you and God bless us all.