Save a lake is a project inspired from organisations outside Romania that have already started doing a climate change cleaning the oceans. Together with Sport4You - Sport for Life, we will raise awareness about the lakes in Romania, by swimming and cleaning them at the same time.
Did you know that
- One third of all the lakes and rivers from Romania are very polluted, decreasing the quality level of the water to such a standard that represent a danger drinking it? (source Adevarul.ro)
- An October 2017 study by the Lancet Commission on Pollution and Health found that global pollution, specifically toxic air, water, soils and workplaces, kill nine million people annually, which is triple the number of deaths caused by AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria combined, and 15 times higher than deaths caused by wars and other forms of human violence. (source Wikipedia)
Why am I doing this?
- A clean environment means a healthier life for us and our children
- To support a healthy life style by doing sports
How am I doing this?
With your help I aim to collect 3000 Euros money that will support the organisation of the next 7 competitions. During the swimming events, the lakes will be cleaned by volunteers and all the collected waste will be recycled.
What am I planning to do?
- Swim in both competitions from this year
- Participate in IRONMAN Emilia Romagna 2018
- Raise awareness of the effects