Come help to build in the historical Biblical Lands of Judea and be part of the miracle of the restoration of Migdal Eder located in Efrata of Bethlehem
Shepherdess Caravan Campaign:
[ ] About the Jacob Sheep:
The Jacob Sheep are a rare heirloom (unaltered) breed of ancient sheep which originated in the Middle East’s Levant approximately 4000 years ago during the story of Jacob and Laban in Genesis 30. The sheep are unique due to their peibald spotted and speckled patterns, kneebands, and multiple horns, up to six. After founding the breed through selective breeding, Jacob spent six years earning the sheep as wages for his own house (Genesis 30:28). Later in Jacob’s life, the flock went down to Egypt alongside the 70 Hebrews (Genesis 46-47) where 400 years later their lambs were likely used in the Passover sacrifice.
Upon enduring forty years in the desert and ancient Israel, the flock was dispersed likely during the Babylonian exile. As Jeremiah, a prophet of the time bemoaned “Look at those who are coming from the North. Where was the flock that was given you, the sheep of your glory”
(Jeremiah 13:20). Ezekiel prophesized that greed of the ancient Israelites and their leaders to be behind the disperson while prophesizing their return deep in the future (Ezekiel 34). Both prophets forsaw a return of the lost sheep as essential to the Geula (redemption). The return of Israel has been compared to the return of sheep by Isaiah with help from East and West (Isaiah 49).
The original sheep however, spread out around the world. They remained in the Middle East before being traded to Spain and via the silk road to China. Britain obtained the sheep through trade in the 17th century. The sheep arrived in the early 20th century in North America, before finally touching down in Israel in late 2016.
[ ] Needs we are fundraising for in this campaign:
1. Renovations to the inside of the Caravan ( insulation, walls, floors and rooms, bathroom and kitchen set from Ikea, hot water tank and 5000 liter water storage tank) (12000 usd)
2. Installation of a septic tank ( 5000 usd)
3. 10 Kw Generator multi fuel use to also run on propane gas to make it more affordable (7500 usd)
4. Shipping container for Hay storage to prevent loss of hay and have mold free hay in inclement weather for the sheep health 4000 usd
5. We need to trade in the Hyundai Getz for a second hand Hyundai Tuscan to be able to drive in snow and wet muddy conditions in and out of the farm. Difference in trade in is 1500 usd
Total funds that need to be raised: 30000 usd
[ ] Reward Levels for Donations:
1. Book of Ruth Scroll
For donations of 360 usd or more
Im very excited to tell you about this magnificent scroll that can be the center piece in your lounge. Its the book of Ruth for 360 usd donation, it can be yours.
2. Channukiah Necklaces
With Channukah coming up soon, I have a reward level for 50 lucky people who donate 180 usd on first come basis. The channukiah necklace is very stylish and can be worn every day of the year to remind you to bring light to others
For USA tax deductible receipts you can donate through this link: https://www.jgive.com/new/en/ils/donation-targets/...