After he was tested positive last March 20, he was hospitalized in Ospital ng Paranaque due to difficulty of breathing, unfortunatly the hospital recommended to transfer my dad to a hospital that could cater high flow oxygen. Due to hospitals full capacity, we travelled to Batangas to Lucena to find a hospital to transfer, on waiting list for 50-80.
It was only after 3 days when we found a hospital that would accept my dad --- this time he was already diagnosed as critical covid patient. 70% of his lungs had been damaged and would require BIPAP to cure the cytokine storm in his lungs. 4 sessions of hemoperfusion was required amounting to 70k each.
Our bill now is approaching 1 million due to the medication, ICU facilities, equipment etc.that bubbled the bills.
The hospital requires update of payment on a weekly basis otherwise they may be forced to hold account and stop treatment.
He is still in the ICU and still cannot breathe on his own without the machine. O2 Level keeps on dropping. Doc says he has to stay in the icu until they can say he's safe. Right now we are lost for resources and fund.
Any amount will be of great help.
Thank you and God bless you all.