Project Last mile
Project Last Mile is an innovative approach being piloted to collect farmer production information to compute agro input requirements and deliver them on time at a closer location to the farmer. Hitherto, farmers in the three northern region have to travel an average of 11km to access farm inputs. We plan to reduce this to 2km.
The approach is to rely on government agric extension officers. The extension officers will recruit farmers and provide regular training to farmers on input use for optimum production. Additionally, they will recruit stockists/retailers who are close to serve the farmers.
Target and Mesurables
- 3 Northern regions
- 6,000 farmers registered in 2018
- 150 Extension farmers engaged
- 250 retailers
Use of Funds
- Development of Mobile app for data collection and backend for computation and analysis (60% complete. Expected date of completion is 15th February 2018)
- Recruitment and training of Extension officers and retailers
- Training guide and planting brochures for farmers
- Allowance to extension officers will be jointly borne by Naasons Agro and the retailers in the ratio 70:30 respectively.
- Phase two of the project which will commence in 2019 will introduce Layaway to farmers