₱113,663Donated So Far
We are starting this gogetfunding account for our triplets, Francesca Claire Peñaloza, Scarlett Avery Peñaloza and Liliana Sophia Peñaloza. On March 7, 2016 I have given birth prematurely to our triplets (30 weeks and 3 days). Our OB Gyne tried her best to extend the delivery closer to full term, however due to fact that they are triplets, I was already having early cervical dilation. when they came out, their APGAR scores are good and all of them had cried, but since they are so small, they need to be placed in Neonatal ICU for about 10 wks.
Me and my husband were trying to have a baby for about 5 years that's why we were so happy when we found out that I was pregnant not only with 1 baby but with triplets. We had been told of the possible cost that would arise as this is a multiple pregnancy that's why we saved funds as much as we could since our insurance also doesnt cover anything that is pregnancy related.
Everything has been ok with the pregnancy not until we had the detailed scan when i was 15 weeks, we were told that there's a possibility that 1 or 2 of our babies could die as they may be having this TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome) or severe IUGR (IntraUterineGrowthRestriction). my OB back in Singapore had asked us if we wanted to terminate the smallest baby, of course we didnt agree to it and we were referred to KKH for a second opinion. Unfortunately, we were advised of the same thing which is to terminate but instead of just terminating the smallest they wanted to remove 2 babies since they are sharing the same sac. we still didnt agree to it and went back to Manila for a 3rd opinion. since abortion is not legally allowed here, we were advised that it was normal for multiples to have these but since the baby is still fighting, we can still continue and the baby will just be treated once she was born.
Our smallest one, Liliana was only 467g when she came out, hence she's very fragile and need to be placed in a special type of warmer/incubator, she was very active and ok even if she's so tiny but the doctors had noticed that her tummy was unusually big. so when they did the scan for her, we found out that there was an obstruction on her tummy and she wasnt able to poop at all. with her fragile condition, She was just placed on some antibiotics and was being aspirated from time to time but after few days it was still getting bigger and they are afraid that the intestines may rupture anytime hence they decided to have her undergo a surgery- apendectomy. we were told of the risk of the surgery that's why when we found out that she survived, we were very thankful to God as well as to the doctors. Unfortunately last thursday, 17 March 2016, she had continous bleeding and she already passed away.
With the surgery and all the antibitocs and procedure done, the bill had piled up and have already used up all our savings and almost everything that we had. we had already sought help from our respective families and some friends but it is Extremely difficult as we still have 2 other babies to take care of in NICU and the bill is almost 20-30k pesos per day per baby
Our family is requesting for your generous assistance as we were trying to avoid being "red tagged" by the hospital because once it happened, the hospital wont be providing them the medication that they will be needing unless we will make a payment of at least 75% of the hospital bill. Please help us spread the word and help our babies to recover for another 8 weeks in NICU. We hope that you can find it in your hearts to help by donating any amount that you can give for our babies road to recovery. We would be forever grateful for any prayers and financial support that you can send to us.
You can help thru GoGetFunding via Paypal or credit card or thru :
Metrobank Savings Account: Merwille Peñaloza
Account No. 342-3-342-26405-1
BDO Savings Account: Merwille Peñaloza
Account No. 008450016954
DBS Multi Currency Account: Joyce Alejo Penaloza
Account No. 0213014867
Thank you in advance and God bless you!!
- Joyce Peñaloza
- Campaign Owner
God is goodUpdate posted by Joyce Peñaloza at 10:44 am
Hello! Francesca is finally home! she was discharged last night! We want thank everyone for all your prayers and for all your help....however for Scarlett, she's still in NICU and may need to stay for another 2-3 weeks, though she's been feeding already after 18 days of NPO, she's still
updateUpdate posted by Joyce Peñaloza at 03:08 pm
Hello! it's been 2 weeks since the neonatologists ordered stop feeding of breastmilk to Scarlett, until now she's still under observation as they suspect its really Hircshsprungs Disease. she was scheduled to have the barium enema test yesterday, however it was cancelled as her tummy became distended. she was given. . . . .
1st monthUpdate posted by Joyce Peñaloza at 06:49 am
last 07 April 2016, it's the triplets 1st month birthday...but since the twins are still in NICU we just had a simple family dinner at home. We thought that everything is going well for both of them and were just waiting for the time that they can go home, but. . . . .
Good News!Update posted by Joyce Peñaloza at 04:59 am
Thank You again for your prayers and for all the help! The Twins had the ROP eye check up yesterday and the results are ok for Cesca, but for Scarlett, they may need to repeat the test after 2weeks as her eyes looks pale and it maybe due to her. . . . .
Thank you so muchUpdate posted by Joyce Peñaloza at 08:46 am
We would like to thank everyone for your prayers and generosity. no words can express how thankful we are for all your help. God bless you all.