The organic toothpaste production from coconut oil is a sustainable livelihood program for families and communities in geographically isolated and disadvantaged area (GIDA).
In order to reduce the number of parents, moving out of their community and leaving their children behind; this program is designed to provide them with an alternative source of earning without having to leave their children at home.
Our organization facilitates the production of the toothpaste- from instructions, manufacturing and packaging. To guarantee its sale, we assist by lobbying it to local hotels and business establishments.
Through this, we are able to hit several targets:
1. Maximize the use of local and indigenous products (coconut).
2. Provide additional facets of earning for community members.
3. Encourage responsible parenting and lessen the number of migrating parents.
4. Support home-based jobs which produces additional income.
5. Create revenue for the community.
This activity is an all-encompassing program hitting several advocacies with one movement.
Support our cause! Donate funds and help our community members become self-sustaining!
(Photos taken by TAYO Inc.'s documentation team)