Many people, despite being aware of the gospel truth quoted above, consider their elders as burden and want to get rid of them. We have come across many such occurrences both in rural and urban areas. This gave rise to the concept of old age homes. Elders and old people, who were neglected, ignored and even dislodged from their own house by family and children, became helpless and took refuge at old age homes. Thereafter, such destinations became their shelter till death.
To support the elderly who are abandoned or are without any support, Helping Hand Manipur started to get well equipped Infrastructure for our Old Generations. We extend our sincere love, care and respect to the elders who come to live with us. We want them to spend the rest of their lives in peace, health and dignity
We cater to all the needs of the elderly absolutely free.
Facilities we wanted to Provide to the Old Age Home:
- Seperate Dorms
- Individual cupboards and side tables
- Regular health check-ups, 24×7 doctor and in house dispensary
- Regular diet chart maintained for all
- Fresh vegetables provided from our own garden
- Utmost hygiene maintained while cooking
- Dedicated staffs for routine activities and caretaking
- Secure premises with CCTV, security personnel and compound walls
- Premises cleaned and maintained everyday
- Solar panels, wind mills and DG sets
- Landscaped Gardens
- Temple in the premises
- Car parking
This program is a silver lining for those elders who lack financial, social and family support.
The residents are productively occupied at the home. The day starts with prayers ad yoga, some activities in the farm around. The residents are also motivated to take keen interest in the other day to day activities like supervising the work in the kitchen.NSS students from nearby college also come and spend quality time with them.
With your valuable contribution, you can give a new lease of life to someone.
If you want to be a part of this worthwhile journey, then you can extend your precious support to Helping Hand Manipur the following ways:
- Become a volunteer of Helping Hand Manipur with active participation in our activities.
- Support us by giving us a donation in cash or kind. You can also get a friend, a corporate or a foundation to contribute.