“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life – music and cats” –
I’ve always dreamed to run a coffee bar. It was my purpose and lifelong ambition since I can remember. Ofc it might seem crazy to start your own coffee bar on such a competitive market when you are a newbie. However that's a right place for my creativity and my other passion… cats.In my family home I used to take care of 4 cats but as i have grown up and had to move out I realized that having a cat when renting a room is not easy. In fact, sometimes it’s impossible. In my case my partner has an allergy and we can't have cat in our apartment. I’ve noticed that in big cities because of life pace and small living space, people cannot adopt kittens.
In modern societies when we have got less and less time for ourselves it becomes even harder to find a place for a cat in our lives. I want to create a place where you can shelter from the noise of a big city, feel stress free accompanied by murmuring cats sitting on your knees. For a few hours in the week you can have a pet. Well…, you can have ten.
Miao cafe will be a wonderful place where you can enjoy delicious coffee, try homemade pastries and it's accompanied by friendly cats. I want to create a magical place where you walk through the wardrobe, to find yourself in the "Cat's Paradise" where the cats are the hosts. Here you can read a book, a newspaper or just stay with a cat. I would like Miao cafe to be a place promoting culture, organizing classes with children, meetings and workshops for seniors, art workshops, nutrition and much, much more. A few months ago I completed the course of felinotherapy, which gave me a new look at the world of cats.
One in four people are anxious, depressed, or tired, or are harbouring some sort of personality disorder. People are walking in to a GP’s office and confessing to suicidal thoughts; only to be sent away with the promise of an appointment with the mental health team sometime two years later. Cats transcend stress. They beat us at day to day living. When it comes to living in the moment, to being present, cats win. Cats equal therapy. Stroking a cat reduces your heart rate and your blood pressure. Cats are good for us. Dare I say it, cats can make us happy.
Cats have a great impact on our well being and psyche, they are helpful in the fight against depression. Felinotherapy is used, among others. In treatment of children suffering from mood disorders, hyperactivity, anxiety, social withdrawal, Down syndrome, autism, ADHD. But healthy children also get a lot of contact with a mutilating quadruple - the presence of a cat at home stimulates their growth.
Here are some interesting facts about a cat's purr:
- It turns out that mute - vibration at a particular frequency, has a strong influence on activation of the immune system in humans. Strange, but true - 20% purring cat strengthens the process of coalescence of broken bones.
- Cat purposely exerts beneficial effects on the human nervous system and psyche.
- The sound of cats causes people to improve blood circulation in the brain, normalizes blood pressure, stabilizes heart rhythm, and increases resistance to cold.
- Cats not only alleviate stress and help treat depression, but also reduce the likelihood of returning to addiction to former drug addicts and alcoholics.
Cats also help with colitis, flatulence, gastritis, stomach ulcers, influenza, insomnia, osteoarthritis and even with the treatment of coldness and impotence.
- Studies have shown that cat owners live on average 4-5 years longer than non-cat. It is worth mentioning, however, that these studies concerned all domestic animals - not just cats. When stroking the animal between him and the owner, there appears a "bioenergetic contact" causing the central nervous system of the person to receive positive impulses that cause him a good mood.
The venture that Miao Cafe is associated with significant financial expenses ... Too large for my pocket. The cost of renting the premises and with the organizational issues, I cover on my own. However, I need resources to adapt and furnish the premises, which exceed my budget. For this reason, I decided to ask you for help. So that together we can create an extraordinary place to which, like me, you will come with pleasure. It's a chance for people to know cats and love them just like me. Thank you all for supporting my project, I am constantly amazed by your kindness and generosity.