₱15,050raised of ₱1,500,000.00 goal goal
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE FOR TINA’S HEART TREATMENT
Hi. I’m Martin Martinez from Cavite, Philippines and I’m raising funds for my wife, Christina who has been enduring a Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) for almost 5 years that she acquired after giving birth to our 2nd child. Tina is relatively young at 38 yrs. old and she still wants to live long and take care of us and be there for our 2 kids, Xam (9) and Zofia (4). She already had an ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) installed to monitor her heart and restore in case of any irregular beating.
However, her condition continuously to decline through the years and one way to improve her condition is to upgrade her current device to a CRT-D (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Device) to help her heart beat more efficiently, but the device and treatment will cost around Php1.5 M ($30,000 USD) which we don’t have enough resources for now since we’ve just completed the payment for the initial device/treatment and medications. So, we were hoping that through this fundraising channel, we can quickly reach our goal and schedule her treatment within the year. We will appreciate any amount that you can share with us.
She has endured so much in her life and all through those moments, God never fails to amaze us with His miracles:
- In 2002, she miraculously survived CANCER (Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4) despite her doctor’s advise that she only has 3 months left to live and that she can no longer bear a child caused by her prolonged treatments.
- In 2010, we got married and in the same year, SHE GOT PREGNANT with our first child, Xamuel.
- In 2014, SHE GOT PREGNANT AGAIN and delivered our daughter, Zofia, who survived a very critical condition during that time. But after 3 weeks, Tina was diagnosed with Postpartum Cardiomyopathy with 17% EF (Ejection Fraction) which makes it harder for her heart to pump blood to the rest of her body leading to Congested Heart Failure (CHF).
- In 2015, she went into a CARDIAC ARREST in the hospital during our 5th anniversary. She was RESUSCITATED JUST IN TIME by our nurse, else she could have gone in to a coma or experience memory loss. That incident led us to have her installed with an ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) to monitor her heart rate and deliver an electric shock to restore a normal heartbeat in case it got too fast/slow.
- In 2017, she had ANOTHER CARDIAC ARREST and good thing that the device worked and REVIVED her. After that, she left her work to focus on her recovery and spending more time with us.
We hope that you can help us add another chapter of her life’s journey and bring more inspiration to others. God bless!
Operation Successful!!!Update posted by Martin Carlo Martinez at 04:43 am
We've received good news from our that operation was a success and she is now resting and responding well. Thank you for all the prayers and help. We are still open to accept any donation to cover the hospital expenses and the CRTD device.