Hello folks! I am Muhammad Aimaan bin Mansor, an Optometrist graduated from University of Bradford in England. My main purpose of this fundraising campaign is to provide lenses at a close to cost price to customers who pre-order from us.
Proceeds from these funds will be used to purchase more lens stock and to continue providing better quality lens at a much lower market price to customers.
It is unfortunate that currently, there are many unqualified practitioners providing prescriptions to the public, resulting in many customers receiving wrong prescriptions and wasting their money. Futhermore, the Malaysian Optical Council, a representative from Ministry of Health Malaysia, has not taken any measures to curb this problem of unqualified Opticians. (So when you are visiting Malaysia, please ask for a registered OPTOMETRIST to do your sight test!)
In retail and shopping centres, the sight test done is mainly refraction and it usually fails to consider the possibility of underlying eyesight issues. Sometimes, you will be prescribed with lenses that you don't even need!
It is advisable to visit a proper eye clinic to get tested. However the cost can go from RM150 (£30) just for the initial test, to RM600 (£120) or more upon purchase of spectacles. Government hospitals on the other hand, can be time consuming. Overall, it’s easier for some to just get their eye test done somewhere that already sells eyewear.
Due to our climate and lifestyle changes, we are more exposed to UV and blue light from the environment and our smart devices. This could lead to premature aging of the eye, pterygium, ARMD and many other eye diseases as a consequence of UV exposure. Excessive blue light exposure leads to less melatonin production because the body is more sensitive to this type of light. Studies have found that blue wavelengths suppress delta brainwaves which induce sleep, and boost alpha wavelengths which creates alertness. This can be a problem at bedtime and affect overall health and productivity. YES you can check this on the internet!
I want to encourage people to get their sight tested at their trusted eye-care practitioner and get the prescription and frames, which they can pass to me so that I may fit the lenses I provide, into their frames. The funding will help me do that.
Lenses that I'll be providing include UV420 protection + Blue Light + Multicoat (Scratch Resistance, Anti Reflection etc.). I’d like to invite people worldwide to be a part of this fundraising campaign, I will definitely give you a reward for it as good things should be shared.
For every 10 pairs of the lens purchased/funded, I will be adding extra pair of a lowest or same value lens that was purchased in that group. So I'm inviting you ladies and gentlemen to contribute as much as possible, send me your prescription with fittings and when you visit Malaysia, hand me your frames and I'll fit the lens right in.
Currently, I'm only able to do single vision lenses. It's either for you to see at distance or reading. Please read the description below and make sure your prescription is able to be fitted at the chosen lens index. (HIGHER value of index indicates a thinner and lighter lens).
Prices are fairly cheap
1.56 UV420 HMC : £ 25 power range (SPH +3 to -3 CYL up to -2)
1.61 UV420 HMC : £ 35 power range (SPH -2 to - 4 CYL up to -2)
1.67 UV420 HMC : £ 45 power range (SPH -4 to -6 CYL up to -2)
1.56 UV420 TRANSITION HMC : . £55 power range (SPH +2 to -3 CYL up to -2)
Feel free to send me questions regarding this and if you'd like to order. If you have different indices of lens to order that is fine. The free pair will be from the lowest price of lens that you ordered. For example, if you order 2 pairs of 1.56 UV420, 4 pairs of 1.61 UV420, 2 pairs of 1.67 UV420 and 2 pairs of 1.56 UV420 transition, you will be receiving a free pair of 1.56 UV420. :)
Terms & Conditions:
1) I'll be setting up the business in October 2018 hence i can only start to deliver the lenses from January next year onwards.
2) Upon placing your funds for the lens, please tell me your power and we can keep in touch via my watsapp number +447719 563 253.
3) Kindly provide me with your prescription and your own frame (MUST BE FULL FRAMES). Please do not provide half frames, rimlon or rimless.
4) Warranty will be given on lens coating defect but no warranty will be given on accidental damage on the lens that include scratches or breaking or wrinkle due to excessive heat exposure. No warranty will be given on the frames and wrong prescription provided by you.
5) Unfortunately I do not provide delivery service, I apologise. You can take this as an opportunity to visit our beautiful Malaysia!
6) Please think of this as a charity as this will definitely help more people in Malaysia to gain a good pair of glasses at an affordable price. And hopefully the rest of the world too!