Lenghty post but please take time to read. Thank you.
We are asking your good heart to please help us get justice for baby Elisha.
For everyone who may not heard the story of baby elisha..
Our baby Elisha was born october 17, 2017 she was born underweight weighing only 1.8 kilogram. She spent her first day in NICU because she was diagnosed with
Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) and then acquired Pneumonia during her long stay at the hospital.
PDA is a condition in which the ductus arteriosus did not close, she spent almost a month in NICU fighting for her life fortunately she survived and she was truly a miracle baby. Babu Elisha grew up a healthy baby but after 6 months another 2D echo was done to see if the PDA closed but unfortunately it did not close fully, so her pediatrician which they trusted and respected well reffered them to this lacked of experience cardio pedia lets call her Dr. BJM (for legal matter we cant disclose any name). So Dr. BJM told them that her condition can be treated easily by closing it, the procedure is transcatheter closure of pda she explained it confidently and she even showed them a video of her previous successful procedure
and told them that they must decide within 3 months because the baby need the treatment urgently. Dr. BJM even told them that it would be a simple procedure with minimal invasive it will only take 1-2 hours and then may go home the next day, so the parents wanting our baby to grow normal life and healthy they borrowed the money from their friends and relatives. Supposedly the procedure should take place before her 9 months but the money wasnt enough so they had to extend the deadline which dr. BjM gave them.
Moving forward to the day of the procedure
Jan 14 2019 - the day of admission she was admitted to a PRIVATE HOSPITAL. laboratory was done.. blood..works etc.
Jan 15 2019 - the day of the procedure they told us it was a success
Jan 16 2019 - they found out that the device was displaced or it moved, at this time we still did not know the severity of the situation dr. BjM told us that they need to repeat the procedure but this time in a DIFFERENT HOSPITAL. Dr. BJM offered her service to it the procedure for FREE but in a another hospital (come to think of it why will they offer their service for free?!). Or she can do it on the same hospital but we to PAY AGAIN. Since dr.BJM told us that the procedure can be done twice without any problem and that we have nothing to worry about the baby the decision has been made to do it to the other hospital. Dr.BJM told us to pay in full so that we can trasfer right ahead. They have to do the retrieval of the device in a SEMI PRIVATE hospital and we do not have to pay for anything, at this moment we still dont know the real situation they only told us that the baby is stable and everything is alright they will make sure that next time it will not be displaced or moved, dr. BjM told us we have to travel the baby in a PRIVATE CAR so that we can save time and beside its alright to travel her in a private car AND NOT IN AN AMBULANCE.....
almost 12 pm we arrived at the SEMI PRIVATE HOSPITAL we went straight to the cath lab 6th floor
jan 16 2019- 12:00 pm they started to sedate her
1:30- they took her the OPERATING ROOM and started to do whatever they are doing inside after 5 hours of waiting in agony Dr. BjM came out of the OR and told us that they have to replace the Amplatzer device with much more expensive which cost 100,000 php but she is willing to pay the half which is 50,000 php because the device they used to her was cheaper and can be easily removed but the new version they will use is way better that the first device.
7:45 pm that's 6hrs of waiting since baby Elisha entered the operating room without any update, dr. BjM came out with a surgeon whom im going to call
Dr. CG explaining to me that if the amplatzer device dislodged in aorta it is almost impossible to retreive so Dr. CG adviced them to do a OPEN HEART SURGERY because it is much safe than retrieving the device through groin, I asked the doctors of the real situation of the baby and they told us around 7:50 pm that the baby is STILL stable and fine
10:00 pm a nurse went out to give us a slip requesting us to buy blood OUTSIDE because there is no screening at that time and we need it asap, Elisha's mom left the hospital to buy blood and the nurse told her that the red cross is just 10 mins away from the HOSPITAL. At around 10:30pm Elisha's mom called Dr BjM to check on the baby but the dr. told her that she should comeback ASAP because Elishas heart beat is getting SLOWER and thay she is having TOXIC,
11:01 pm Dr. BjM told us with out any compassion that baby elisha's HEART BEAT already STOPED.
And just like that our baby elisha is GONE. The SIMPLE procedure turned out to be a COMPLICATED one resulting to our Baby Elisha's DEATH.
We were able to gather informations and evidences that the doctors did something wrong. But we need funds in order for us to pursue a legal case.
The proceeds will be used for baby Elisha's hospital debts, funeral expenses and legal cost. We are hoping to get the best lawyer for our case so that Baby Elisha will get the justice because of her UNTIMELY DEATH.
We also ask Prayers for baby Elisha's soul and that she will get the justice she deserves.
Thank you and God bless!