Batulicin is the capital of Tanah Bumbu, South Kalimantan, which is 265 km east of the city
of Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan provincial capital.
Batulicin is an important point in the process of shipment of coal from South Kalimantan to
various parts of the country as well as international countries. Batulicin located at the edge of the Sea
Strait that connects the Java Sea to the Makassar Strait. Although Batulicin was once the capital district,
however the center of government activities in the village of Simpang Empat. After the creation of the
District, became Tanah Bumbu, the county seat is located in Simpang Empat, which was increased from
the status of the village into districts. Batulicin actually never became the official capital of Tanah
Bumbu. Several years after separation, the county seat was moved to High mountain village that
previously existed the village of Desa Pondok Butun included in the District of Batulicin.
This area is a newly formed district in the province of South Kalimantan. In Batulicin There
are many coal mines, mines and steel mills, cement plants three wheels, rubber and oil palm plantations.
And the research is being conducted as offshore oil drilling in the area of Balikpapan, East Kalimantan
since been found several points of petroleum. A lot of development in this area. The construction and
existing facilities in Batulicin namely :
1. There is already a service with the service name Bersujud (8 KM from the Area Housing).
2. There is already a KFC (± 10 KM from the Area Housing).
3. There is already a traditional market (± 1.5 KM from the Area Housing) and Modern (± 10 KM
from the Area Housing).
4. There is already a crossing Piers / Ferry to Kotabaru (± 12 KM from the Area Housing).
5. Being built International Private Hospital Scale with name Marina Hospital gem located on Jl.
Kodeco Km.4 (6 KM from the Area Housing).
6. Being built the Grand Mosque on Jl. Kodeco KM. 2 (8 KM from the Area Housing).
7. Being built bridge linking Batulicin to Kotabaru (± 16 KM from the Area Housing).
8. Being built toll road that connects Batulicin with Martapura (± 10 KM from the Area Housing).
9. While the planned construction of Container port that will be used as Substitute Container Port at
Trisakti Banjarmasin (11 KM from the Area Housing).
10. While the planned construction of a mall.