Hi, my name is Reshmaa Kaur and I am a mother to 3 cats today.
Let me tell you a journey of the reason the funding is done.
I was always afraid of cats, never knowing how cute and unharmful they are. I was scratched by a cat when I was a little girl and ever since that I was afraid of them.
I met a guy who I grew an attachment to loves cats and in the beginning I always afraid to get close to one. It took a while and I started developing feelings for the little furriers. the day came where we decided that we move out together and decided to get a baby in the house. I can remember it was the 1st of April 2019 when we both headed to PAWS in Ara Damansara and was looking to adopt one of the little furriers.
As I walked into the PAWS center, a lady approached me and asked me if I wanted to adopt a little kitten. I excitedly said yes as that was the only baby furry that was left in the center. I approached my man and told him what the lady told me. I immediately said yes and convinced my man to say yes. He agreed and that was the day we brought Simba back home.
We took him to the vet immediately and got him injected and vaccinated. It was beautiful to see him growing up and he was very mischievous. It was a beautiful journey for the past 6 months with Simba and a wonderful blessing having him around until the 21st of September 2019.
Simba started losing weight and appetite to consume any food or drinks. I was quite afraid of what is happening to my baby. I immediately went to the Vet in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail and got Simba checked. Doc then adv and told me Simba was having jaundice and prescribed me with medication and also a certain diet for Simba to consume. Unfortunately, as days passed he started throwing out medication when being feed and became weaker. This time I knew something was definitely not right, I then contacted the doctor and asked the doctor what was the best way to get him recovered. She then advises that its best get him admitted.
It was the 2nd of October 2019 when I decided to get him admitted, the doctor requested to do a blood test and ultrasound to identify the problem Simba was facing. After getting the results, she contacted me and advised that he is then suffering from Pre-Hepatic Jaundice (Pre-hepatic jaundice is caused by conditions that heighten your blood's rate of hemolysis. This is the process through which red blood cells are broken down, releasing hemoglobin and converting into bilirubin). she adv that they will prescribe him with antibiotics and also fill in fluid into him as he has lost tremendous weight.
On the 11th of October 2019, we got a called from the doctor stating that his problem has increased and they actually found out it was not Pre-Hepatic Jaundice but it is Post-Hepatic Jaundice(Post-hepatic or post-liver jaundice, also called obstructive jaundice, is caused by an interruption to the drainage of bile containing conjugated bilirubin in the biliary system. The most common causes are gallstones in the common bile duct and pancreatic cancer in the head of the pancreas.) and he is required to go for surgery. We went in to consult with the doctor what would be the best option and would Simba survive if we don't proceed with the operation. doctor then advice that Simba has a very slim chance of survival as he is on the 50/50 line of survival. According to the doctor, the is a blockage near his gall bladder as well and if we do not do anything Simba has only 3 to 5 days to survive. I was also advised that he may or may not survive the surgery as this is a rare case for a little aged cat which is only 6 months old. And may not know if the anesthetic would be too strong for him to even pull through.
The doctor showed and estimation cost of the current bill that is RM548.00 and the surgery cost of RM2523.15 which brings up to a total of RM3071.15 and this is only the estimation she said. The attached documents you see are the previous bills I have paid to get him admitted and pay for his medication.
I would like to request assistance to help me save my baby and bring him home to mama.