NOTE: WE ARE STILL WORKING ON THE PAYPAL LINK. :) Please send me a message for an alternative.
We have a mini sanctuary called PAG-AMUMA ANIMAL SANCTUARY. We have no government funding (just like most shelters here) and no corporate backing. We shoulder all sanctuary needs - food, vetting, vitamins, caretakers, rent and utilities) from our personal funds and with the help of benefactors, However, we still need assistance for upkeep and other improvements for the dogs/cats to be comfortable. We also need dwellings for the caretakers.
PAG-AMUMA is a Visayan word which means NURTURE or CARING FOR.
Recently, we acquired a 5 year lease on a property which is ideal for the dogs/cats/ducks. BUT we still have a long way to go, we need to:
1. build 2 catteries
2. install a perimeter fence to divide the land for a dog run
3. make dwellings for the humans who take care of the dogs/cats/ducks
4. there is a need to have one pen for fosters
5. install sub-meters for power and water utilities
6. place structures in dog run/ build perching places for the cats
7. set up a RESCUE fund for the medical needs of rescues
and so on...
The medical check ups for the dogs are forthcoming and they will have their yearly shots including anti-rabies. We have vets who can come and do the shots and check the dogs.
Once we have put everything in place then we can continue with assisting dog groups or other shelters.
The following are projects we can do here in Tagaytay City:
1. stray dog feedings
2. conduct Responsible Pet Ownership talks with barangays
3. assist the City Veterinarian on the anti-rabies campaigns
4. rescue dogs/cats who have been run over/abandoned/abused
5. distribute flyers for awareness of the Animal Welfare Act
and so on....
We have an adoption program for dogs/cats we are fostering. However, those whom we call RESIDENTS will stay in the sanctuary until they will go to the Rainbow Bridge.
HELP US TO TAKE CARE OF THESE ABUSED, ABANDONED ANIMALS. YOUR DONATION WILL GO A LONG WAY TO LET US MEET OUR OBJECTIVE.
FOR VIDEOS and PICTURES of the PAG-AMUMA RESIDENTS, PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE