Everyone has their childhood dreams and memories to become someone in the future, be it a firefighter or policemen. Well, I always wanted to be a pilot. It is always my dream to earn my wings and fly high. I know I am born for this. I am born to fly!
My name is Victor, aged 26, working as HR Assistant. I'm always keen when it comes to aviation industry. I remember watching Top Gun back when I was young. I knew from that moment all I wanted is to be a pilot. I wanted to fly. It is always my dream to become a pilot. I don't belong in a cubicle. I strongly believe I belong in the cockpit. Many of you may wonder why I didn't pursue my dream earlier in my life. I wasn't born with a silver spoon. My family can't afford to pay the fees.
Somewhere along the way, I wasn't a bright student in my high school years and as a result, my SPM grades was not able to fulfill my dream to become a pilot. I was disappointed with myself but I didn't give up completely. I took my diploma in Travel Management and there are few subjects I learned about Air Transport. That somehow ignite my desire to pursue my dream again. After I graduated from my diploma, I was scouting for flight schools. I found a few but course of the fee is too expensive. I don't want to rely on my family. So I started to look for job and this is how I ended up working in MNC company as HR Assistant.
Day and night, I always dreamed of one day I will be able to be in the cockpit flying, instead of sitting in a cubicle, working 9 to 6 pace, going through mundane life everyday. Recently I found a club that provides flight training for working adult like me. But the cost of it is still expensive. I believe in opportunities and chances as long we don't give up.
I will be forever thankful and indebted to all of you who are reading this and helping to make my dream come true.
This is how I achieve my goal:
The donation given by each and everyone of you will be used to help me enroll in Air Adventure Flying Club (http://airadventureflying.com/).
In a nutshell the most important outlined below for PPL (Private Pilot License) :
- You are required to be 17 yrs and above and be Malaysian or have a Malaysian working permit
- You must Pass the Aviation Medical Examination. (Attached herewith the list of designated aviation medical examiner)
- To Joint our club is easy, just fill up our membership form, provide your IC/passport and make payment of RM10,000, Then you will be our lifetime club member!
- The cost to attain PPL is about RM 48'K - 50'K - depending on the aircraft type and hours you flown.
We are asking for partial upfront payment of RM 12'000. There of RM4500 for lifetime member fee & RM4000 for the ground class fee.
The balance will be keep in your AAFC account to be used for future eg. exam fee, rental of flight, flight instructor fee & etc.
Upon a member, you will be invite to use a software(FOC), whereby you can book for your flight & check your account balance.
In order to enable you to book online, you need to maintain minimum RM800 in your account. Thus, you only need to top up when the account is running out of money.
- Then, we will submit your SPL (student pilot license) application to the DCA - they need about 6 - 10 weeks to issue it. (Foreigner might take longer time)
- Soon after you obtain your SPL, then you can start your ground class and flying lesson.
- Our ground class is conduct in one to one basis, you can easily arrange your time & place with the instructor. (Transportation fee may imply if the course is conducted out of the skypark)
You are required to do 80hrs ground classes and sit in for 6 paper and 1 English test.
Not necessary must to have 80hrs, as long as you can understand what you learn and pass the test paper.
The English Test is conducted at University Putra Malaysian (UPM) at Serdang, Selangor. Date & time arrange by your own.
Radio Telephony Test is conducted at DCA at Purtajaya, Selangor. Date & time arrange by your own.
- You need to clock 46 flight hours, there off 36 hrs flight with instructor and 10 hrs of solo. (Only flight after you obtain the SPL can clock as your flight Hour)
(Note: for those further CPL in Malaysia, only 35 out of 46 hour will be counted in your CPL flight hour)
Flight Instructor fee is range from RM140-RM160/hr, depend on which instructor you fly with.
- It is set by DCA that the flying and the ground class must complete within 12 months start from the date of your first ground exam.
However, you can start your ground class before the issue of SPL but can only sit for the test after the SPL was issued.
Exam is conducted once a month at Malaysia Aviation Academy (MAVA), Sepang
- Soon after you completed the paper test and flying hour, we will arrange you for the flight tes
The break down cost for the whole PPL is as followed:
Life time Membership Fee - RM4500
Ground Class Fee - RM4000 (for all 6 subjects)
Flight Instructor Fee - RM 140 - RM160/hour (for min. 36 hours you need to fly with instructor)
Aircraft Rental (2 seater) - RM 535/hour (for small size learner), min 46 flying hour
Aircraft Rental (4 seater) - RM 685/hour (for bigger size learner), min 46 flying hour
Flight test Examination Fee - RM 250 (pay to examiner)
Ground Class test Fee - RM 50/subject (except 1 subject organized by Britain, you need to pay for 100 pound online by your own)
Aviation English Test (ELTP) - RM 450
Radio Telephony Test - RM 200
SPL application Fee - RM 100
PPL application Fee - RM 800
PPL application Fee - RM 800
I believe through dedication, patience,commitment and hard work, I will be able to earn my wings one day. I know it is a lot of money to raise. Whoever you are, I sincerely thank you for your contribution and for making my dream come true.
I can be reached if you have any questions regarding my cause:
email: [email protected]