My name is Afzel, I am 22 years old and I was born in Bucuresti (Romania). I have been in Italy for 13 years.
It was the decision of my parents to take me here when I was 9 years old. They wanted to give me a better future and I can not blame them. I grew up in the city of Brescia where I finished high school, obtained a driving license, had a few short work experiences and during these years I returned to my country every summer, with the little money I had. (200 euro for three months) But now everything is getting worse, I feel stifled by this country, I don't feel like being part of it. I miss my country and the last time I was able to go back to Romania was 5 years ago because my documents expired and since I no longer have a home in Romania I can't renew them.
I'm trying to survive in this country where I no longer have friends and for most of the time I stay at home. As finding a job here is hard. You need to know the right people otherwise the risk is working for someone and not even get paid. Every time I went in Romania I felt at home (staying at my grandparent's home) and free. I have many friends there and my family, I miss my country. I would return to my country to stay there and live there. Also in the village where I lived there is a lot of poverty and I would like to help those children by giving them useful things to be able to live peacefully (as I lived there and I know how the life is there). For a small amount of money I can give them clothes, tools for school and pay them the school fees. For them it means a lot. Keep in mind that the salary in Romania is around 150 Euros (around 180 dollars) per month, if you have a job. Otherwise you must live from agriculture.
I want to return to my country, feel happy but most importantly share my happiness by helping the poor kids who otherwise wouldn't have future in my village of about 2,000 people. (Located in Vultureni, Bacau, Romania)
- With this money I would be able to solve my problems with the documents (Romanian passport and identity card expired for 3 years which do not allow me to return to Romania)
- Buy a car so I can move to the nearest cities (the nearest one is 60 km from my village)
- Help kids by providing them clothes, paying for school fees, buying them everything they need to have an easier life (notebooks, pens, books, backpack, jacket for the winter, etc, since the things do not have a high price I can help many kids)
- Help my grandfather who does not have the money to buy a pair of glasses, he is 80 years old and lives alone, in that village, no one helps him and is no longer able to see well. (he is retired, and he is living with 100 euro per month)
- 13 years abroad are destroying me.
The video shows the reality those kids are facing in 90% of the Romania. They say they can't go to school as their mother do not have the money to do so. It does not cost a lot of money but there are simply no money to let them study. My plan is to help at least 100 kids in the village I was born.
I will post proofs and updates if I can achieve this. By uploading photos of my village, school conditions, kids and many more.