“Save Our Community Farm From Drying Up”
We have started a fundraiser on gogetfunding to save Lukenya Eden Community farm from drying up by providing water for irrigation and human consumption.
Lukenya Eden is a community farm that is located in Lukenya area of Machakos County. The farm is currently occupying a 10 acre piece of land growing food crops, mangoes, oranges and African vegetables.
Water for irrigating the farm is pumped form River Athi which is 400metres away. Due to prolonged drought resulting from failed rains October 2016 – January 2017 the section of the river from which we draw water has completely dried up leaving the farm management to buy water from a private borehole 3 kilometers away.
We are consuming 40 drums per week to water the over 500 fruit trees in the farm. The community in this place is poor and hunger is a common feature in their lives thus an intervention that could alleviate the situation is required.
Measures to Alleviate the Situation.
We are offering to alter the situation in favor of the community by:
- Sinking a bore hole at a cost of US$ 10,000.00 to ensure all year round supply of water.
- Continuous supply of water will ensure an all year round production of vegetables for consumption among the community members and for sale.
- Water supply for drinking by people and cattle will be ensured.
- Environmental preservation through tree planting will be realized
- Employment will be created for a substantial number of women and youth.
We Need Your Support to raise US$ 10,000.00
Your money will be used as follows:
- USD 10,000.00 to sink a borehole
Our Reward for your support.
- For all contributions above USD 500.00 we will put a plate or sign on the borehole with your name or logo of your organization. If you are giving a corporate donation and would like us to brand one of the tanks with your corporate colours or logo we shall allow it.
- If you finance the sinking of the borehole we shall put a sign board showing your name as the sponsor of that borehole.
- We shall keep a list of the names of all our donors in our office as a constant reminder of the people or organizations who made our project successful.
- We shall constantly update our supporters on the progress of the campaign.
A key partner in this project is WATER FOR LIFE who has promised to sink the borehole once we raise 50 % of the sinking cost.
Thanks for your generous donation.