Elda Cruz Reposar is a loving and caring mother of two. Her medical difficulties started last January 3, 2016, when at around 3 in the morning, she woke her family up to complain of a severe headache. This, plus the fact that she was cold sweating and breathing deep irregular breaths prompted her husband, Missionary and dentist Benjamin B. Reposar Jr. to take her blood pressure. Her BP was 232/180; her speech then slurred and she collapsed. Her family suspected that she had a stroke so they rushed her to the St. Luke’s Medical Center (SLMC) at BGC, where she was diagnosed to have suffered a “subarachnoid hemorrhage, left posterior inferior cerebellar artery fusiform aneurysm.” The following is a summary of the events that transpired:
· After confinement, she was stable and fine for around 10 days, and on January 13, she was transferred from the ICU to a regular hospital room.
· On January 14, she had a second “re-bleed” on the same site at around 3am. She was re-intubated and rushed back to the ICU.
· While in the ICU, her condition became critical when she had her third re-bleed on January 17, a day after celebrating her birthday. At 11:58am, Code Blue was announced.
· A number of complications happened: another re-rupture, seizures, hydrocephalus, vasospasm as her potassium, magnesium, sodium, and hemoglobin levels got too low, aspiration pneumonia, hypothyroidism, and diabetes.
Elda also underwent the following procedures since the start of her confinement:
· Blood transfusions
· Cerebral angiogram on January 4
· Cerebral angiogram with coiling on January 20
· VP shunt insertion and left subclavian artery catheter insertion on January 23 and March 7
After all these, Elda was discharged from the hospital on March 11. Her family took her home to Malvar, Batangas to rest, recuperate and look forward to brighter days. Unfortunately, she became unresponsive last April 12, so she was again rushed to SLMC. After a few days, her condition stabilized. However, she got sepsis and hydrocephalus last May 2, her family called SMLC and was told to rush her to the nearest hospital. She was then admitted at Mary Mediatrix Medical Center in Lipa, Batangas until May 10. The family was also advised to refer back to their original neurosurgeon for her treatment. They are currently waiting for the next procedures to be done since the lab tests are still being processed.
This is the 3rd time Elda has been admitted in the hospital. The costly hospitalization costs and procedures have all but drained the family savings. And Elda still has a long way to go before she can fully recover. We hope to relieve the family of some of this financial burden and stress. Prayers for Elda are most certainly welcome, and if possible, also please consider a donation. We thank you for the love and support for Elda during this time.
You can send in your donations to the following account details:
Account Name: Benjamin Badilla Reposar Jr.
Account Type: Current Account
Account Number: 6488000788