- The Association works to help the poor families in the Gaza Strip in response to the difficult economic and living conditions.
- The society is working to provide a clothing for the children of the poor in this winter, especially families without an income, and families with difficult cases.
- This project will provide a suitable environment for the integration of this category of society with its surroundings to allow them to live in a safe manner
Contribute to the clothing of the poor children and needy families in Gaza Strip during the winter.
Economic situation in the Gaza Strip:
The Gaza Strip suffers from difficult economic and living conditions that have been exacerbated for more than 12 years as a result of the Israeli siege and division. The situation has worsened this year over the past years. The rate of poverty reached more than 55%, which means that more than half of Gaza's population is poor. In 2019, poverty reached 65%.
PCBS data show a change in the pattern of expenditure of the Palestinian family between 2001-2017 in Palestine on the main expenditure groups. Monthly spending decreased from 6.6% in 2011 to 5.2% in 2017.
Expected Special Objectives:
- Supporting poor and needy families by providing the needy families with the needs of clothing during the winter season, which contributes to alleviate their suffering and the suffering of their children.
- Establishing the principle of social solidarity by helping the needy and the poor families.
- Introducing joy and pleasure to the poor and needy.
- Notify people that there are those who stand beside them.
- Linking society with NGOs, alleviating the suffering of the people and spreading the spirit of brotherhood and love.
- Notify the families of orphans, wounded, injured, unemployed that there are those who stand by them at all times.
- Poor and needy families,
- Families of orphans, injured and wounded, and
- People who got affected by the current situation in the Gaza Strip.
- Local merchants,
- Project personnel, and
- local community.
Criteria for selecting direct beneficiaries:
- The family's poverty and (c) level.
- The inability of the family head to meet the basic needs of its children.
- The family members and the presence of some special cases (elderly, patients, disabled, injured and wounded).
The winter clothing will be distributed to 150 children, the cost per child is 30$.
Information About Us:
Foundation name: Al-Zaytuna Society for Childhood and Development.
License number: 7993 Registered by the Palestinian Ministry of Interior.
Year Founded: 2007.
Headquarters Address: Palestine - Gaza Strip - Central Governorate - Deir El Balah.
website: www.alzaytunascd.org (Will be relaunched soon).
E-mail: [email protected]
We hope to contribute to this project to help the poor who are unable to meet the minimum requirements of life, work with us together to help them and support them and alleviate their suffering during this winter.
Thank You All..