US$768.00raised of $900.00 goal goal
The campaign owner has stopped the page from accepting further donations. Please contact them if you'd still like to donate
We are Leila, Antonia, Maddy and Dom and we are all currently volunteering at Elang'ataAgro-Vet in Arusha, Tanzania with Dr. Evarest Maguo.
Dr. Maguo works tirelessly and with very little funding in order to benefit the lives of domestic animals and livestock in the Arusha region. Animal welfare in Tanzania is still not considered to be of great importance, which makes his work unique and valuable. He owns a small shelter by his home in which he takes in stray dogs and tends to their needs in the hopes of finding them safe homes. Once these dogs are re-homed he does regular checks to ensure their safety and to educate the owners on appropriate animal care. Currently he has in his care 21 dogs and cats that require food, training, and a clean environment. Our main motivations here at Agro-vet are centered on the health and safety of domestic and farm animals in Arusha, Tanzania.
The following are some examples of tasks undertaken by our volunteers and founder Dr.Maguo:
- House calls for unwell domesticated pets including dogs and cats. Focusing on the education of people regarding the importance of animal care.
- Organising mobile clinics around Tanzania to promote the benefits of caring for farm animals and livestock
- Vaccination clinics; rabies vaccinations for dogs, worms vaccinations for dogs and donkeys, antibiotics for a range of animals including cows, sheep, dogs - wherever necessary.
- Neutering and spaying of cats and dogs where needed.
- Insemination of cows and other livestock with follow-up pregnancy checks and care.
- Environmental outreach programs.
- Collaborating with the Jane Goodall Institute "Roots and Shoots” on various environmental and wildlife programs.
Our aim is to raise funds to pay for; the staff employed by Evarest who tend to the dogs and shelter, cleaning materials in order to make the shelter more hygienic including tools to build a bath for the dogs, nutritious food for the dogs, more opportunities to organise free clinics regarding the education of locals on animal care. Even the smallest donation will make a large difference in the fight for animal welfare in Arusha, we really appreciate any help you can give!
All proceeds big or small are greatly appreciated
No updates for this campaign just yet