For Tagpe’s Tumor Surgery

Update posted by Jess Salvador On Apr 27, 2021

He's scheduled to have surgery next week. I have decided to have him undergo surgery despite the risk. I don't believe it is his time to go yet and I will continue taking care of him and fighting for him despite the risk. Will be updating soon.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jess Salvador On Apr 21, 2021

Findings on Tagpe (Biopsy result) He is diagnosed with malignant neoplasm; a life threatening tumor that spreads to the body quickly.

I took Tagpe to the vet earlier for further examination and to ask for advice and for some meds because he has been vomiting blood profusely lately, losing weight, and has been lethargic only to find out that the tumor has spread to his body and that his state is getting worse. Surgery is the most effective and ideal treatment for his condition but it would be very risky considering his condition and his chance of survival is very low. The vet suggested that it would be better to put him to sleep to end his suffering because he is evidently having a difficult time breathing and living a comfortable quality of life. Vet gave me time to think whether to have him euthanized or not as surgery is too risky considering the location of the tumor and his current state. I've been feeling lost and heart broken after this news. I've been looking for more opinions and advice on what I should do. I will give you guys another update of my decision soon.

Add a Comment

Update posted by Jess Salvador On Apr 20, 2021


Tagpe's biopsy result is finally out, according to the text message sent by the vet. It turns out that Tagpe's tumor is a malignant neoplasm which is a cancerous condition that spreads to a dog's body. I asked the vet what is the suitable treatment for that condition and she said surgery, although there is a high risk of complications such as facial paralysis or worst, death.

This is a heartbreaking news because I don't know if surgery will do more harm than good for Tagpe and I don't want him to suffer even more if there is a complication with the surgery. I have yet to know what the other treatment options are tomorrow when I take him to the vet.


Add a Comment

photo

Anonymous

Backed with $155.00 On Apr 07, 2021

photo

GO TAGPE GO! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Nicolò Bracciale

Backed with $5.00 On Apr 07, 2021

photo

Guest

Backed with $20.00 On Apr 07, 2021

photo

Almost there!

Gabriel Beaupré

Backed with $350.00 On Apr 06, 2021

photo

Kate Currie

Backed with $50.00 On Apr 05, 2021

photo

Anonymous

Backed with $10.00 On Apr 05, 2021

photo

Get well Tagpe!

Christopher B

Backed with $10.00 On Apr 04, 2021

Add a Comment

photo

Jess Salvador

Campaign Owner

Send a message

photo

Nicolò Bracciale

Since Apr 07, 2021

photo

Gabriel Beaupré

Since Apr 06, 2021

photo

Kate Currie

Since Apr 05, 2021

photo

Arindam Bose

Since Apr 05, 2021

Not Ready to Donate?

Did you know a 10 second Facebook share raises an average of $25?

Share on