We have 200 bags of dog food that we want to send to dog care charities in Thailand, and we need your help to do it.
On average, one 20kg bag of food feeds 3 dogs for around 30 days!
Dog care charities in Thailand are faced with big decisions when it comes to helping our furry friends in need. The charities are pressed, on a daily basis, to use limited funds to achieve the greatest results in the lives of the dogs.
Charities use their funds predominantly in the following three areas:
- Medical costs for sick and injured street dogs.
- Long-term care and housing of rescued street dogs until adoption.
- Spaying and neutering of street dogs in order to stop the breeding cycle.
For the long term reduction of street dogs in Thailand, the spaying and neutering should be the most important initiative but we have recognized that often charities are more burdened with the costs associated with the long-term care and housing of rescued dogs.
We strongly believe that spaying and neutering is the best way to reduce the increasing number of street dogs in Thailand, but also do not want rescued dogs returning to the streets in ill health.
OUR SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE PLAN
Our plan is to help charities in Thailand with the feeding of the dogs in their care so that they can spend more of their precious resources on spaying and neutering, effectively stopping the cycle of future street dogs.
Feeding 3 rescue dogs for 30 days costs A$30, the same price of spaying and neutering a single dog in Thailand. Of these two options, one reduces the future number of dogs on the streets while the other helps hungry dogs. Choosing between these two options is indeed a very hard choice for any dog lover.
When you donate to our GO GET FUNDING campaign a 20kg bag of food will be shipped to the dog care charity of your choice. If you don’t know of a dog care charity in Thailand we can ship a 20kg bag of food to the one in the most need in your name. Also, if one dog care charity receives more food donations than they need for the month, they can opt to have it sent to one of their sister charities.
- Donating A$30 - 1 x 20kg bag (Feed 3 dogs for 1 month)
- Donating A$58 - 2 x 20kg bag (Feed 6 dogs for 1 month)
- Donating A$81 - 3 x 20kg bag (Feed 9 dogs for 1 month)
- Donation A$100 - 4 x 20kg bag (Feed 12 dogs for 1 month)
- Donating A$120 - 5 x 20kg bag (Feed 15 dogs for 1 month)
Below is a list of dog care charities and individuals that are out every day helping the street dogs of Thailand. We have spoken with them and they have given us the minimum number of bags they use every month.
- Som at Hope for Strays (Pattaya) - 60 Bags per month
- Michael at The Man That Rescues Dogs (Chonburi) - 20 Bags per month
- Hanle at Rescue Paws (Hua Hin) - 20 Bags per month
- Peter at Neilson Fostering (Bangkok) - 10 Bags per month
- Jane at Crazy Hua Hin Dog Lady (Hua Hin) - 40 Bags per month
- Tamara at Songkhla Street Paws Rescue (Songkhla) - 10 Bags per month
Our goal is to raise enough funds to distribute 200 bags of dog food to charities throughout Thailand by the end of February.
Your donation today can make that happen!
Have we motivated you? Do you think you could spare A$30, as a dog lover, to get behind this simple and effective plan to change the street dog situation in Thailand?