My name is Glody Patrick, and am seeking your support to raise $2000 for us to officially launch the first product of our startup created few months ago called "zoomforshop" . Zoomforshop is a market search engine for shopping in Rwanda that aims to facilitate the online shopping experience, allowing you to find products and offers available at different e-commerce sites and offline stores at the best price and save money at the same time. If launched the startup will expand and I will be able to add up to 20 young people like me to work on this project, which is good for each of us and for our community.
As an ambitious and passionate young person, I believe in possibilities to create something big when people work together toward same goals and for that all dreams deserve to get at least one shot. The president Paul Kagame once said: "...Instead of asking yourself why the community doesn't give you a job, ask yourself what can you do for the community" then as a young African and Rwandan, I have decided to answer to the call and instead of keep complaining about lacks of jobs for young people here in our countries, I choose to create employment for young people like me in our countries, so help me make that dream come true... This work completely depends on you....
With some collected funds and economy made from some little jobs we have been able to raise funds to pay for office rent for 3 months(1 month before the launch to prepare and 2 months after the launch to start the work), make t-shirts, pay for some bills.(see some pictures of our office below)
Please find the following cost breakdown;
- Total cost of before launch Event: Rwf 1,147,500 ($1350) - office rent with furniture inside for 3 months: $450x3 ($1350)
- Total cost of launching Event: Rwf 2,346,000 ($2760)
- Rental of the National University of Rwanda great hall : Rwf 160,000 ($188,23)
- Rental of sound system and video for projection and presentation: Rwf 130,000 ($152,94) + technicians fees : Rwf 30,000 x 3 = Rwf 95,000 ($111,76)
- Print Banners, brochure, program, invitation cards, t-shirts Rwf 286,000 ($336)
- TV space (3 local channels: Rwanda TV, Family TV & TV10) : Rwf 85,000 x3 = Rwf 255,000 ($300)
- Urgency funds, transport for team, drinks for some special guest, Rent services of a celebrity event moderator : Rwf 230,000 ($270,58) 2 WEEKS BEFORE & 2 WEEKS AFTER EVENT:
- Online (social media) & offline advertisement (bus ads) will be held by an advertizing agency FIDELI RWANDA (check on Google). Advertisement package we took: Rwf 630,000 ($741,17)
- TV Interviews (TV10: youth talent show, RTV: Kwihangira Umurimo show) : Rwf 00 ($00)
- TV ads & IGIHE.COM (Most visited website in the area)article about Zoom4shop : Rwf 200,000 ($235,29) (2weeks article post) & TV ads Rwf 3000 per Second x 30 sec = Rwf 90,000 x 4 days after the event = Rwf 360,000 ($423,52)
- Money raised: $2050
- Remaining Costs : $2060
So far, I have raised $2050 from different donations and some little contracts we had. We have achieved 49% of the goal and this is how all great achievements begin, and so can we. We also have a short time to raise these funds before our product will become obsolete in the market.
If you would like to learn more about us, our experiences, and about this startup, please check out our website.
OUR OFFICE & WORKING SPACE