Latin America is facing one of the deepest social crisis in its history.
The current pandemic and massive social problems have been increasing the social gap specially for those kids who do not have access to Internet connection for their school classes.
We must prevent this type of situations in the future. In the state schools in Latin America we have identified three groups of students.
- Students with Internet access (they are able to attend the classes using Google Meet).
- Students with access only through WhatsApp (they are able to get educative materials including videos, but lose interactivity with teachers and classmates).
- Students with no access (they only get printed materials that must be studied in an autodidactic way).
Edupuntos (edupoints) is a platform developed to publish high quality educative materials and activities, with several differences:
- Activities are designed not only for online users, but for offline users, keeping the interactivity, thanks to the use of propositive technology that includes a website, a mobile app and agreements with community radio stations..
- Edupuntos is built under a collaborative environment.
- The points earned by students after carrying out the engaging educational activities, can be used as transactional money to get benefits as positive points for the different school subjects or to get discounts in local allied markets affected by the pandemic. This has a permanent motivation effect for students and represents a great opportunity for the economic reactivation.
Edupuntos is a very ambitious project that needs your help to make all its objectives come true.
I want to explain what I'm raising money for:
- We need to design at least 960 high quality educational contents with:
- Standard oriented materials.
- Explanatory video.
- Assessment activities that could include: Interactive video, fill the gap activities, false or true activities, charts, collages, quizes, dictations, drag and drop, find hotspots, flash cards, image pairings, etc.
- Score parameterization
- Production of audios to deliver content through community radio stations.
- We also need to contract a dedicated hosting service to serve the schools interested in our project.
- Developing of a mobile app with online and offline delivery of academic content.
- Is important to explain that the pedagogical contents will be designed by teachers with a Master's Degree and the videos will be designed by contracted animators.