We a group of youth from diverse social background decided to work for social development through local activities in free hour with a moto to spend the free hour serving the community. With the vision to inspire, motivate and mobilize the youth we from a team and register a group Youth Awakening Society is a non-profit and non-government on February 2017. With our establishment, we are being serving the community with different volunteering work like lunching free health camp, awareness program on different sexual health, environment conservation, maintaining sanitation and preserving heritage site.
With our research and survey in different educational institute, we have found following problems in schools many government school of Bhaktapur district, Nepal:
- Lack of management of infrastructures
- Poor sanitation and unmanaged school ground
- Lack of motivational factors in classroom environment
- Rare Extra Curriculum Activities (ECA) and practical implementation
Then we have started to run Education for development programme to focused on the development and promotion of education with various volunteering activities that set up the physical materials and environment. Through this program we have contributed 7 different schools located in Bhaktapur, Nepal with our volunteering in class room management, library management, cultivate students mind and distributing books and pencils. Till now we are being helped by our own volunteers, team members, local stationery shop and some private school. We can share happiness and help many students if we get further support. Currently we are handling school management project in Ganesh Secondary School located at tathali, Bhaktapur, Nepal through our volunteering.
We are covering following areas:
- Management of Material Equipment (Library, Classroom, Computer lab)
- Management of School Plant (Playground & Plantation)
- Management of Human Equipment (Teaching & facilitating volunteers)
- Stationary Materials Distribution (Books, Copies, Pencils, Sharpeners & Erasers)
- Cultivate students mind (Creative Work and Practical implementation of theoretical knowledge)
- Extra Curriculum Activities (Students engagement in sports & activities)
The major objectives of the program are:
- To develop sound learning school environment.
- To effort for the development of effective school.
- To guarantee the future of the society.
- To train student's faculties.
- To widen students outlook.
- To cultivate students mind.
- To form and strength students character.
- To develop and cultivate student's artistic ability.
- To build up student's body and give him health and strength.
- To teach students duty to himself, the community and the state.
Activities we are caring out:
- Set up the classroom with the educational displays.
- Orderly and attractively manage the books on library and computer lab.
- Engage students in different creative activities like paper craft making, essay, poem and story writing.
- Facilitating students on searching the reading materials on internet and library.
- Sanitation and cleanliness on school premises including greening playground.
- Providing students with pencils, books, sharpeners and erasers.
- Develop feeling of positive competition among students with motivation and story telling
We would like to express sincere gratitude for constant support in advance and I trust to receive full support in the process of project. We will be available for any kind of queries and suggestions with regard to this project.
Keep in touch with our facebook page for our programs.
Email: [email protected]